Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best and easiest scaffolding towers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Whats everyone's preferred tower to use, im looking for something safe, easy to construct and small enough to fit in a large van...im looking at the mi towers but wondered what else was good. thanks

Mi tower Or to be fair the standard boss towers are easy as well and don’t take much longer to put up, they’re my go to as we hire ours in and they’re a fair bit cheaper!

We hire towers when needed and get them delivered /collected from site , far easier and we couldn’t fit them in our vans also no H &S issues hiring as all checks and paper work are done by the hire firm . We find this much easier and just add the cost to each job

I was going to hire but all in delivered and collected it was £137...now I understand just add it in to the quote but I'd rather win more quotes by being able to negate that cost and do it cheaper...so I've bought one outright, so I own it, do the paperwork and only have to do two roof jobs to get the money back, its worth losing profit on a couple of jobs to expand my equipment and lower my costs ??

I was going to hire but all in delivered and collected it was £137...now I understand just add it in to the quote but I'd rather win more quotes by being able to negate that cost and do it cheaper...so I've bought one outright, so I own it, do the paperwork and only have to do two roof jobs to get the money back, its worth losing profit on a couple of jobs to expand my equipment and lower my costs ??
Only issue is if you employ people then there are all sorts of legalisation hoops to jump through.

I pay around £80 all in for a day to buy one is at least 1k and for us it wouldn’t fit in the vans ?? for me it’s easier to hire , building it on your own is difficult do you have someone to help you ??

I pay around £80 all in for a day to buy one is at least 1k and for us it wouldn’t fit in the vans ?? for me it’s easier to hire , building it on your own is difficult do you have someone to help you ??
No, no one employed... £80 is that vat delivered and collected? That's way cheaper than I could get anywhere including speedy and hss.

Yeah got a mi tower for a grand.. One man build is easy enough

No, no one employed... £80 is that vat delivered and collected? That's way cheaper than I could get anywhere including speedy and hss.

Yes total price including delivery/collection and VAT , within a 10 mile radius , it’s a bit more if further afield .

Mi towers are super easy to build solo! If I had the ability to transport and store I’d be doing the same!

I just hired 2 towers from Brandon hire services delivered Inc vat for £118

Back