Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Residental pole size and what brush head please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James102

I have been going for lole 6 months i currently use slx 25 with the free brush head that comes with im using 350 litres a day what pole would be better for residential as i already have a bigger enough pope to reach most things i just wanted something lighter for standard houses aka 18 ft or 22 ft slx and what sill brush head is best? Thanks

I have been going for lole 6 months i currently use slx 25 with the free brush head that comes with im using 350 litres a day what pole would be better for residential as i already have a bigger enough pope to reach most things i just wanted something lighter for standard houses aka 18 ft or 22 ft slx and what sill brush head is best? Thanks
All depends on the type and height of the jobs you do the average modern 2 storey house a 22 foot pole should do the vast majority, we don’t use sill brushes we use the supreame and find we can clean the sills ok with that without altering the goose neck angle due to the splay on the bristles they are also lighter than a sill brush

All depends on the type and height of the jobs you do the average modern 2 storey house a 22 foot pole should do the vast majority, we don’t use sill brushes we use the supreame and find we can clean the sills ok with that without altering the goose neck angle due to the splay on the bristles they are also lighter than a sill brush
Would you say 18 ft is too small? And what kind of brush mediumsoft or mix and what size brush head sorry for all questions

Would you say 18 ft is too small? And what kind of brush mediumsoft or mix and what size brush head sorry for all questions
I used to use an 18 but find the 22 is a much better option for the average estate house that we do we use the Gardiner supreame brush stiff version with hot water it’s ok with cold but might be to stiff for you many like the taper tech version saying it’s very good scrubbing power and long life

I used to use an slx18 as my everyday pole years ago but found I also needed a 25 footer for my three story work and the few jobs with large connys. Over the years connys have become more common so I switched to an Xtreme 22 for my everyday work which reached most of my work but still needed the Slx 25 for the larger three story work and the few with larger extensions and connys.
I now find the best everyday pole for me is an Xtreme 25 paired with a 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec or a cut down 35cm flocked Xtreme sill brush. I cut the bottom part of the stock off with the lower two rows of bristles so its effectively not a sill brush anymore. Unfortunately Gardiner stopped selling their 35cm flocked Xtreme brush. Like Pjj I don't find I need the sill bristles to do the ledges on my work so I find them unnecessary. They just make the brush heavier.

I used to use an slx18 as my everyday pole years ago but found I also needed a 25 footer for my three story work and the few jobs with large connys. Over the years connys have become more common so I switched to an Xtreme 22 for my everyday work which reached most of my work but still needed the Slx 25 for the larger three story work and the few with larger extensions and connys.
I now find the best everyday pole for me is an Xtreme 25 paired with a 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec or a cut down 35cm flocked Xtreme sill brush. I cut the bottom part of the stock off with the lower two rows of bristles so its effectively not a sill brush anymore. Unfortunately Gardiner stopped selling their 35cm flocked Xtreme brush. Like Pjj I don't find I need the sill bristles to do the ledges on my work so I find them unnecessary. They just make the brush heavier.
i have already 25 slx but i barely use all of the sections uts only on a few jobs so i wanted something lighter thats why u thought maybe 18 slx but I'm worried it might be to small so i thought about tge slx 22 but is there much weight differencebetween the 22 and 25 ?
And what brush can you suggest whats lightweight but good

The difference between the Xtreme 22 and 25 is very noticeable to me so I recon you would definitely notice the difference in weight between the SLX 22 and 25.

Another benefit to the 22 is it's shorter length when collapsed. It is 7 inches shorter than the 25 which makes it easier to manoeuvre in tight spaces or compact gardens when cleaning ground floor windows.

The difference between the Xtreme 22 and 25 is very noticeable to me so I recon you would definitely notice the difference in weight between the SLX 22 and 25.

Another benefit to the 22 is it's shorter length when collapsed. It is 7 inches shorter than the 25 which makes it easier to manoeuvre in tight spaces or compact gardens when cleaning ground floor windows.
Would the 22 be better than 18 ? And what brush is decent but light

Latest Posts

Back