Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What brush head

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've already said depends on what type of leaded windows they are. If they're modern then as long as you do diagonal strokes, not horizontal or vertical, they're fine.
If they're old Victorian single pane leaded then you would need flocked.
How do you tell the difference,

Here's a question I've often pondered about. When do you know when to bin a brush you have used successfully for some time?
Gardiners have a brush guide on their website, which states longevity Xtremes last 2-4 months but I've been using mine since last summer they do look a bit past their best but they still clean really well and I can manage leaded windows with no issues, I was going to buy some new ones at the weekend then found two brand new brushes in my garage that saved me a few quid ?

Gardiners have a brush guide on their website, which states longevity Xtremes last 2-4 months but I've been using mine since last summer they do look a bit past their best but they still clean really well and I can manage leaded windows with no issues, I was going to buy some new ones at the weekend then found two brand new brushes in my garage that saved me a few quid ?
Thanks m8 well I've been using the extreme medium ssoft sill brush its completely battered but still works fine

I think you stated you only have a couple of clients with lead windows, personally if I was you buy a ultimate flocked brush with pencils jets then you have this brush for your leaded windows plus for your first cleans pencil rinse better than fan jets on leaded windows.
personly I think the 35cm extreme DuPont tapertec sill brush is **** on leaded windows.

I have 400 jobs and probably 60 houses that are leaded these being maintenance cleans I use the 26cm extreme flock sill for the leaded.
and all the other extreme ranges for the rest of my cleans.

don’t limit yourself to one brush.

now I’m working on my own I have a couple of days where 90% of my day is cleaning leaded windows so I leave the extreme flock sill on for the duration of that day.

I think you stated you only have a couple of clients with lead windows, personally if I was you buy a ultimate flocked brush with pencils jets then you have this brush for your leaded windows plus for your first cleans pencil rinse better than fan jets on leaded windows.
personly I think the 35cm extreme DuPont tapertec sill brush is **** on leaded windows.

I have 400 jobs and probably 60 houses that are leaded these being maintenance cleans I use the 26cm extreme flock sill for the leaded.
and all the other extreme ranges for the rest of my cleans.

don’t limit yourself to one brush.

now I’m working on my own I have a couple of days where 90% of my day is cleaning leaded windows so I leave the extreme flock sill on for the duration of that day.
Thanks mate appreciate it

Back