Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Larger Brush Recommendation pls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stratf01

I'm wanting to get a bigger brush to use mainly for commercial stuff I have but possibly also for residential too.

I currently use the standard size Gardiner Xtreme sill brush

I've never tried anything else so open to suggestions.

I only use cold water if that makes a difference.

Also wondering about the swivel attachment too if that makes a bigger brush more versatile ?

Thanks as alway guys ?

The swivel is very good but can take a few hrs to get used to. I have one each of my poles and it enables you to keep the brush flat on the glass but you can stand off to one side. Great in narrow paths as you don't have to stand under the window while cleaning it! You can also get the brush to be vertical on the glass and still make full contact.

I'm not sure a stiff brush is any good with cold. That could be part of your problem in that a softer brush might allow you to scrub better so the rinsing might be easier.

I'm residential only and also only use cold water.
I've used the 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec Hybrid brush since they were introduced (the standard version).
It's my favourite of all those I've tried. I also have a 35cm modified flocked Xtreme that I use occasionally on old leaded windows where the lead has become unstable. It's been cut from a flocked sill brush to resemble a standard non sill brush.

These 35cm brushes only work for me though because I use a swivel. This enables me to do the narrower windows by turning the brush sideways. Without the swivel I would have to use the 26cm version. The swivel also enables me to use 100° fan jets which are my preference.

As ched999uk says the swivel does take some getting used to. As I don't have any recessed windows on any of my work my brush is fitted on a Gardiner QUICK-LOQ ANGLE ADAPTER GOOSENECK (type 1 or 2) set in line with the pole. The brush is fitted to the gooseneck with a QUICK-LOQ ANGLED SWIVEL BRUSH SOCKET ADAPTER to help set the brush at the correct angle on the glass. This angle can be further modified to suit by the addition of a couple of small screws set under the top edge of the adapter before fitting it to the brush to further adjust the angle of the brush on the glass if necessary.
This setup works perfectly for me and makes the operation of the swivel very smooth. It become trickier to use when you set an angle in the gooseneck though.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I initially used a flocked 45cm 4 x 2mm pencil jet brush, with a swivel, and loved it. However the higher you go up, and the busier you get, it isn't workable.
We tried the 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec Hybrid on our big job at the time as it was a 45' pole fully extended. We were impressed by it so started to use them on all of our jobs. We have since changed to the sill brush version and find it slightly quicker. We changed to 4 x 1.4mm pencil jets when we switched to the 35cm..

I run cold water with 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec Hybrid on a swivel and 1.4 pencil jets, mostly residential work and I find it the most efficient method for me. I don't work any hire than 3 floor though. Nice and light set up with plenty of water coverag.

Is this the swivel adapter guys or is there any advantage to getting the complete swivel assembly?

Thanks again everyone!

Is this the swivel adapter guys or is there any advantage to getting the complete swivel assembly?

Thanks again everyone!
This is the one I use https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-angle-adapter-type-1-with-swivel-gooseneck.html
I think the only real difference is that the adapter one pushes the swivel further away from the centre of your pole. This will just make the action a little different but as you are not used to it there shouldn't be an issue. It will push your brush further forward making it slightly more tricky getting in tight spaces, like between flower pots and patio doors.
If you are using Gardiners newer goosenecks with the fixed hose (not the one where the pole hose passes through the gooseneck) the one that has a plastic tube at the bottom for the pole hose to connect to with a john guest type push connector and a john guest connector on the top of the gooseneck, then you might need a longer link hose.
For a fiver give it a go for a day, I set my tension so that it requires a bit of a light push to move the brush, not so it flops about when you just move the brush.

i use
supreme stiff
ultmate flocked
extreme stiff
ultmate medium

they are my go to brushes im hot water tho if i was cold i would go for medium or tapertec or flocked supreme brushes get right round the frames @leges luvly ultmate also good i find the extremes not quite as good but l love the lightness of them my stiff still going strong but its my least favurt brush

Thanks again everyone!

That's the one I use as it enables me to switch quickly between brushes and not need to have a swivel on every brush head plus sometimes I don't like to use a swivel. I used to use the facelift one from WCW that fitted to the brush head but switching brushes was a ball ache but it was a slightly more manoeuvrable fitting when it was on due to being closer to the pivot point but tbh I don't really notice much difference since getting used to the Gardiner one

This is the wcw one:

Latest Posts

Back