Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way salt covered windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Added sparkle help with diluting the salt better? Never used it but got given a bottle
I don't do coastal work so can't offer up any advice, but I am using Diamond Shine Plus which is one of the Added Sparkle additives I do rate it, it does help with snail trails and bird strikes also after Storm Babet some of my jobs with trees close by had film on the glass and it shifted it quick, I didn't add any into my tank on Friday and really chewed on trying to shift from the glass with a job that had trees in the garden.

Hot water or cold if no choice is the best solvent for salt as it is a polar solvent and a polar solute so nothing better
In other words water is made from hydrogen and oxygen so one is positive and one is negative so attracts both and salt is both also

Last edited:
I live right on the south east coast. Just use cold water clean as usual just give a good rinse. Nearest job to sea is large commercial building no more than 50 yards from beach open pay car park between building and beach never have any problems.

I don't do coastal work so can't offer up any advice, but I am using Diamond Shine Plus which is one of the Added Sparkle additives I do rate it, it does help with snail trails and bird strikes also after Storm Babet some of my jobs with trees close by had film on the glass and it shifted it quick, I didn't add any into my tank on Friday and really chewed on trying to shift from the glass with a job that had trees in the garden.
A squirt of ipa in the tank works better and leaves frames etc sparkling
Literally a squirt like you’re washing up and leaves no residue etc in tank or pump as it’s alcohol

High tides and strong easterly's are back on Thursday :ROFLMAO:
We are due to be doing this on Thursday along with a load of apartments that are 50 meters or less from the sea , don’t think it will be happening ????

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 8
We are due to be doing this on Thursday along with a load of apartments that are 50 meters or less from the sea , don’t think it will be happening ????
You will certainly be getting a call Friday morning jigsaw to come and clean the mess up.

I'm thinking prices should be higher for cleans that take longer due to storms going to try it will make them think twice about texting pushing ahead of others

We just wash more and rinse even more. I have found that we often need to pay more attention to the top frame, and we need at least 2 passes of the brush on the glass. When we clean street houses on the sea front, we have to take our time and be more thorough. We also scan the front of our street houses after they start to dry to make sure there are no streaks.

Latest Posts

Back