Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BigBoy hozelock connection to rectus pole issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sean Dickinson

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me. I recently bought a BigBoy backpack after previously using Gardiner exclusively. Unfortunately the fittings are not what I expected and I cannot connect the rectus fitting on my pole to the hozelock on the backpack hose. Is there an adapter I can buy to connect the two or do I need to cut the backpack hose and fit it with a rectus? Many thanks. Sean

I would say easiest way it to cut off the hozeloc and fit an appropriate rectus. No point having an adapter as that's just more joints that can leak and more connectors that can break.

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me. I recently bought a BigBoy backpack after previously using Gardiner exclusively. Unfortunately the fittings are not what I expected and I cannot connect the rectus fitting on my pole to the hozelock on the backpack hose. Is there an adapter I can buy to connect the two or do I need to cut the backpack hose and fit it with a rectus? Many thanks. Sean
@Sean Dickinson you just need a female rectus for the backpack hose (or a male hozelock for the pole hose, whichever you prefer). You could also make a little adapter with a short length of spare pole hose if you have it, with a female rectus on one end and a male hozelock on the other. Might sound a bit OTT but is very handy making an adapter if you ever want to connect to a garden tap or anything for gutter and fascia cleaning. Hope that helps mate.

Latest Posts

Back