Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Connecting trolley to hose reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duggan

Both my Gardiner backpack and Nano Trolley have female rectus 21 fittings on them, my hose reel has a male hozelock type connector.

Is there a direct male rectus to female hoselock connector available or do I need to make up a little flylead?

Both my Gardiner backpack and Nano Trolley have female rectus 21 fittings on them, my hose reel has a male hozelock type connector.

Is there a direct male rectus to female hoselock connector available or do I need to make up a little flylead?
What hose reel are you trying to connect?
Either cut the male hoselock of the reel and add a rectus 21 or male some fly hoses

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240415_212450_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240415_212450_Instagram.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
It’s the Claber reel I picked up at the show.

So it’s the male fitting that feeds water into the reel I need to connect to if you know want I mean. The one fixed in the centre of the reel.

I feel like I’m missing something really simple here!

ah, just found one that looks like it’ll do it, on eBay.

It’s got a female rectus one end but I can swap that for a male and should do the trick

Attachments

• IMG_9561.png
    IMG_9561.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
ah, just found one that looks like it’ll do it, on eBay.

It’s got a female rectus one end but I can swap that for a male and should do the trick
Are you going to be using your nano trolley with this?
I dont know how long the claber reel hoselock in will last being wound in and out as it may wear out or the o ring may fail.

We use brass swivels on the centre spindles

Just get a claber 6mm or 8mm to hoselock female and put a rectus 21 on the end. That ebay adapter is expensive and the brass may wear the plastic male.

Might be worth you stocking up on rectus fittings, hoselock fittings etc so you can always have spares and make up short hoses yourself

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies mate.
By brass swivel do you mean something like the one in the attached photo?

So I guess I can just unscrew the male fitting from the reel and replace it with one of these, but a rectus 21 variant?

That seems to be a better solution all round.

I have got a few spare bits and pieces, and o clips etc, bit to be honest I didn’t realise that the inlet fitting could just come off the reel and be swapped for a swivel.

I’ll have a look at it tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_9563.png
    IMG_9563.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the replies mate.
By brass swivel do you mean something like the one in the attached photo?

So I guess I can just unscrew the male fitting from the reel and replace it with one of these, but a rectus 21 variant?

That seems to be a better solution all round.

I have got a few spare bits and pieces, and o clips etc, bit to be honest I didn’t realise that the inlet fitting could just come off the reel and be swapped for a swivel.

I’ll have a look at it tomorrow
Yes that's absolutely correct. For your application that will do you fine. Less to go wrong and easier to connect and store

The claber reel is well made and versatile as a normal garden hose reel or wfp reel

Austin

All sorted now.

Got a brass swivel for the reel and made up a couple of fly leads :)

Attachments

• IMG_9815.jpeg
    IMG_9815.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9816.jpeg
    IMG_9816.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
All sorted now.

Got a brass swivel for the reel and made up a couple of fly leads :)
Your hose with the Claber hose fitting needs to be completely tightened so there is no gap between the screw collar and main body of the connector

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_225343_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_225343_Chrome.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest Posts

Back