Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose size for softwashing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LiamChecks

Hey chaps,

Just getting the van kitted out. I've got a trolley system coming, one side of this system (1/2 inch silver green hose with filter on end) feeds into a pre-mixed barrel and pumps from the mix into the system and out the other end which is a simple 1/2 inch 2 metre silver green hose, this will then attach to a hose reel and I can use the hose on the reel to attach directly to my WFP.

Question is, what's the best option here:

1. Stick with the above setup, utilizing 50 metres of 1/2 inch Claber Silver Green hose from the reel which connects straight to the 5mm pole hose?

2. Scrap the 1/2 inch hose from the reel and use 6mm hose instead on the reel (if possible?) and straight into the WFP.

3. Same as number 2 but connect the 6mm hose to the existing 5mm pole hose so I can simply disconnect both parts when finished.

Thanks a lot guys. Worried the first option may be too heavy on the old arms? but annoyingly is what I've already fixed into the van.

Liam

Your maximum flow will be determined by the pole hose size if that’s 6mm or what ever 1/2 hose supplying it will work but you won’t be getting that amount onto the wall , we use nano trollies the feed from the barrel is 8mm the pole hose is 6 mm and the flow to the wall is fine .

Your maximum flow will be determined by the pole hose size if that’s 6mm or what ever 1/2 hose supplying it will work but you won’t be getting that amount onto the wall , we use nano trollies the feed from the barrel is 8mm the pole hose is 6 mm and the flow to the wall is fine .
Thank you PJJ - i'll probably invest in an 8mm from the hose reel to the 5mm on the WFP eventually but for now, i'll use the 1/2 inch claber hose on the reel to the 5mm WFP then which sounds like it's exactly the same process just perhaps a little heavier. Thank you

Back