Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biggest house on the estate but hasn't paid me 7 days later .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt steel 118

Hi guys done a first clean the other day for some head teacher and his wife runs a hairdressers and 7 days on no reply he said he was going to sign up to go cardless  but hasn't so I've sent bank transfer details after also Incase  he changed his mind .

Also reminded him 3 times on Whatts app  he's seen them. 

If I don't get paid by Wed  this week I'm blocking there drive way and getting my card reader out . 

The windows are perfect also . 

I just tell the customer we collect payment by DD, and they can complete the sign up on our website, once that done, we can schedule the job. If they want it done today, a neighbour etc, I just say I can get it all setup for them on my phone ?.

You won't get everyone paying within 7 days, so don't panic, or (and don't take this the wrong way) harrase anyone. Contact them once a week until its sorted.

If someone says they'll take care of the signup, and don't, I will usually call them on Sunday when I am in the office doing paperwork, and mention I didn't see there name on the sign ups for that week, and ask if the need any help signing up. Usually they have just forgot.

Hi guys done a first clean the other day for some head teacher and his wife runs a hairdressers and 7 days on no reply he said he was going to sign up to go cardless  but hasn't so I've sent bank transfer details after also Incase  he changed his mind .

If I don't get paid by Wed  this week I'm blocking there drive way and getting my card reader out . 

Some love technology and such things as GC however not having the payment system in place or active unfortunately falls on you.

It's evident there's either a communication or trust issue with the customer 

Did you give the customer any terms and conditions or contact of agreement?

Wouldn't worry about it, you can get double next time, they will be busy and you will be at the end of the queue. 

I just tell the customer we collect payment by DD, and they can complete the sign up on our website, once that done, we can schedule the job. If they want it done today, a neighbour etc, I just say I can get it all setup for them on my phone ?.

You won't get everyone paying within 7 days, so don't panic, or (and don't take this the wrong way) harrase anyone. Contact them once a week until its sorted.

If someone says they'll take care of the signup, and don't, I will usually call them on Sunday when I am in the office doing paperwork, and mention I didn't see there name on the sign ups for that week, and ask if the need any help signing up. Usually they have just forgot.
If newbies aren't signed up before the clean then I don't clean them, I make it very clear it must be set up before the first clean commences, I have had people come out and ask and have signed up within 5 minutes whilst I been cleaning another house, it takes no time at all to sign up. 

If newbies aren't signed up before the clean then I don't clean them, I make it very clear it must be set up before the first clean commences, I have had people come out and ask and have signed up within 5 minutes whilst I been cleaning another house, it takes no time at all to sign up. 
Yeah, I don't clean until I have them on the DD system.

I dont think expecting ones to pay  that quick and sending reminders that soon is a good thing , if you cleaned my windows and chased me that quick you wouldn’t get paid at all  and would be instantly sacked . Having said that I do understand ware you are coming from if you go shopping 

in Tesco you have to pay  straight away , but the service industry especially Gardiners window cleaners , builders etc generally get paid after a couple of weeks , my current outstanding debt list is well over 10k but Ime not the slightest bit bothered  as it’s a rolling cash flow and I know it will come over the next few weeks . 

Latest Posts

Back