Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

scrim or microfibre cloths

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just standard scrims mate, they're all similar, unless you're getting them for a quid lol, then they might be a bit Swear word!.

As for microfibers, I've heard there's a type that's meant to be better tban the scrims by far, but it's not the unger one. Don't know which though.

Just standard scrims mate, they're all similar, unless you're getting them for a quid lol, then they might be a bit Swear word!.

As for microfibers, I've heard there's a type that's meant to be better tban the scrims by far, but it's not the unger one. Don't know which though.
Vikan grey easyclean /emoticons/wink.png

ya iv got some nice microfibre cloths well 2 lol and thay are great just seeing what others use

i will get a scrim to compare tho :]

Paragon 40cmx40cm blue. Excellent

Matty....where do you get the Vikan grey cloths from?

Posh....is it the premium glass cloth that you go for?...do you get it directly from the Paragon website?

Cheers Lads

Posh....is it the premium glass cloth that you go for?...do you get it directly from the Paragon website?

Cheers Lads
Cleaning Spot mate

Scrim for sure. Does anyone know why they also make them in a dull dirty colour? Sounds picky I know but presentation is a big thing in my eyes and when you see them they look horrible. For the other side of our set up we use a colour coded micro fibre cloth system, more for hygiene reasons then anything else. You wouldn't want your pitch side been clean by a cloth that was used to clean the bathroom!

Scrim for sure. Does anyone know why they also make them in a dull dirty colour? Sounds picky I know but presentation is a big thing in my eyes and when you see them they look horrible. For the other side of our set up we use a colour coded micro fibre cloth system, more for hygiene reasons then anything else. You wouldn't want your pitch side been clean by a cloth that was used to clean the bathroom!
Never thought about that. They are a horrible grey and look like an old piece of rag.

Cheers Lads
Cleaning Spot mate

Paragons own site. They do it in green or blue but get the blue there more absorbent even tho there Spose to be the same. There 40cmx40cm window cloth. Yes they are the premium ones. 320gsm. Put in google paragon microfiber and there come up.

Funny story. I'm a walking window cleaner (for now) and was doing 3 houses along a road. I normally carry about 8 Microfiber cloths but it started raining HARD and all cloths got damp before I could cover them... Made detailing impossible and all 3 jobs took me 3 hrs 10 mins!!! only made £56 :(

Slowly turning to Microfibre Get mine from Wilko's £3 each excellent too, but if it's damp or raining then scrims all the way .

Scrim seems to leave a lovely shine on the glass. You can feel it taking no a layer of something off..

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back