Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

the government survey calls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

are you lads getting these type phone calls in the daytime ? "hi,dont worry im not selling anything,im from the government we are doing a survey into small business can you spare ten minutes ..."

these calls are a recent thing . but see theyre ramping up in frequency ,more than one firm at it

first it was Missold PPI , then accident claims now its this bunch "pretending we are the government " conducting a harmless survey ,

but what is it they are selling? have any of you followed thru with it ?

iv been getting rid of them by saying ring me back after 5pm. they never do . if you say ring me back after 4 pm they call back ,seems they work 9-5

Last edited:
No idea, but I annoy them now by leaving them hanging I say 'yep hold on ill just get him for you' then I leave the phone somewhere just waiting

yep I had one company on for two twenty minute sessions on my moby...and a third when I politely fooked them off..

we are on the preference list etc but they even know my first name ...

one the other day I just told them the opposite of everything they wanted to hear..

got caught out on one ...I gave a fictitious credit card number ...

and the bugger asked for it again...

next time I make a number up I must write it down..

a bit annoying these calls but some times brighten up the day ..

its all free free free and it only costs one pound ninety a week...and its usually three hundred a year but its on special offer because of your reputation...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

for a hundred...but its all free....ish

If they call from the Nigerian government you're in luck! £10,000 coming your way from a distant family member who happens to be royalty and only needs your bank details and pin... :thumbsup:

Latest Posts

Back