Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds problems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garry

HI guys, my tds wont drop below 26 after RO but before going into the resin. my tds is 280 from tap. before it was 13 so resin took it zero n I was changing resin once every 2 weeks. now its 26 before resin it means im changing resin every 2 days which is not practical in my eyes. naturally I thought my membranes were on their way out so I bought a new set but evan with new set its still 26. the old set I bought 9 month ago . I bought these membranes from pure freedom n never had a problem over last 3 years until this past 12 month where I seem to have bought set after set. any solutions??

Has your water pressure changed? Mine dropped due to a leak a bit ago and the tds was hard to control

Sounds to me like your water is escaping and not fully going through filters or membrane what ro unit you using ?

ahh the three warnings at least i got in my kit that scared the life out of me...correct insertion of the membrane!!:eek: i must have got it right...thankfully

and of course dont forget to flush.....

im using a 450 gpd reverse osmosis system. ive got a booster pump on too. I have a slight drip from the 1st filter as the housing wont screw on without a slight drip, I wouldn't have thought this slight drip would affect anything though

i wouldnt think that would effect it too much but you shouldnt have a drip...unscrew and turn the seal around and mabe use some ptfe tape on the threads...the more pressure the better.../emoticons/smile.png

my ro membrane had two o rings on it and required quite a bit of pressure to push home..

Yes the drip is showing something isn't sitting correct , you should remove and check how the filter is sat

Sounds to me like your water is escaping and not fully going through filters or membrane what ro unit you using ?
Yep thats exactly what mine did, i have to run a hosepipe 100 odd foot upto the garage and have a reel half way, it was the hozelock connector on the reel spindle that was leaking but it was leaking big time. Redid the hose into the hozelock and hey presto no leak and tds back to normal out of the RO

The leak will effect the pressure and performance of your membrane. Sounds as if you have an o ring missing from your housing

Latest Posts

Back