Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ppm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's been belting down here for hours, everywhere flooded. Was thinking of harvesting rainwater just for something to do as we do get alot of rain!!

I harvest anyway and looking at bigger tanks to bury under bottom of garden for when I get going with wfp. I reckon I could get 3 1000 litre tanks between my sheds and wall and another 3 in time if needed but hear things about de-ionised water attracting the dirt. So does it need to be even if ppm is say 0.

you could the rain water as it is as long as it is clean. I would paint the tanks blacks to aviod uv rays and di as i needed it.

lower the ppm the longer your resin will last. I gone to 15 ppm and been okay but following month cleaned with 0ppm. If your on a water meter the rain water harvesting is the way to go

A tip

When the rains coming out the down pipe stick some resin in the wife tights at the end this will filter the make the water more pure

A tip

When the rains coming out the down pipe stick some resin in the wife tights at the end this will filter the make the water more pure
make sure the wife isnt wearing them first

I'm going to be piping it down the garden from downpipes and joining ones on sheds too that (when I put em on) and was thinking of adding the filters in removable sections, if I do need di then I'd put one in for that as well. Then add a small diy di inline on backpack to make sure.

Just cos I read this kind of twaddle I'll tell yaz all the average house in uk could collect up to 85000 litres a year, I'll be collecting next doors as well so with sheds a possible 180000 (roughly) a yr so theres really no need to run up a hefty bill. Like I'd ever need all that.

If you could catch and store all that you'd not need to bother with next doors. I'm hoping to do similar albeit on a smaller scale just a few water butts. The nylons ideas a good one, I was planning bunging old coke bottles up with resin, that sounds easier!

Planning on finding some cheap ibc tanks mate, doin it on a small budget. And it's a semi next doors comes down my gutters lol.

Have you tried farmers for ibc's? Don't get one that's ad diesel or cooking oil etc in it. Stuff like sand are no prob though

I've just got a Ibc today £15 off a local windy I'm going to harvest, one thing do I need a pump to get it from Ibc through the DI?

I'm presuming you would but I was looking at gravity and putting a diy di in guttering tube above tanks but as I'd bury tanks would need a pump anyway so wouldn't make much difference where I put di although inside shed where I'd fill containers would be better.

If you use drums, you won't necessarily need a pump but if you use a tank I'd have thought so.

Lift the ibc about halfway up the cage, shove some 4x2 to hold it and a drum will just about fit under and gravity feed. Could eave it in the cage and build up some block work to stand it on, but don't take it right out of the cage it'll balloon when full.

Latest Posts

Back