Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro membrane

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hi please see photos.

I currently run x2 1812 150 gpd membranes.

I have good water pressure would just getting the 1 3012 400 gpd work if i buy the outcasing for it.

My water pressure is around 85 psi

1000004366.jpg1000004365.jpg

Had them before personally don't like them.

Sticking with what's worked but just seeing if the one would work less messing and less tubing

I've just bought the new membrane the company have said I will need a 1000cc flow restrictor to run this

At the minute I'm running mine with something similar to the photo and just adjusting it is there any need for me to get a new restrictor?

1000004390.jpg

I've just bought the new membrane the company have said I will need a 1000cc flow restrictor to run this

At the minute I'm running mine with something similar to the photo and just adjusting it is there any need for me to get a new restrictor?

View attachment 29752
I think there might be, if they are advising that it needs a higher rated one then I'd go with their advice

Had them before personally don't like them.

Sticking with what's worked but just seeing if the one would work less messing and less tubing

To answer your question: If you get the right housing then it will work. These r/os come with 1/4" tubing which will just manage a 450gpd unit (3 x150gpd membranes) with 50 psi water pressure.
I used that setup for 6 years without a booster pump.

As regards membrane efficiency, I'd rather use an American manufactured membrane than a Chinese manufactured one.

View attachment 29752

I would buy a 1/4" gate valve with John Guest fittings so you can adjust your own pure to waste ratio that best works for your water supply tds

To answer your question: If you get the right housing then it will work. These r/os come with 1/4" tubing which will just manage a 450gpd unit (3 x150gpd membranes) with 50 psi water pressure.
I used that setup for 6 years without a booster pump.

As regards membrane efficiency, I'd rather use an American manufactured membrane than a Chinese manufactured one.
Totally agree with you regarding the American ones. Around 15 years ago I was buying a membrane by filmtec off Ebay cost a fortune to get it here.

But this is my 3 membrane in 3 years and at a cost of £45 I'm happy with that. So until a get a bad one stick to what I know until then. But totally agree with that in any term.american over chinese

Latest Posts

Back