Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP streaks?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

Alright fellas. I'm picking up a lot of work around here and I think its mostly from the same windy. The quality of his work is embarassing tbh. I just saw one of his jobs and the frames and sills were covered in old cobwebs- he'ed only been 2 weeks ago, and the customer said she can barely see out of them sometimes. Another customer of his also said that she had lots of streaks. I've seen him working and from the outside of his van it looks like a good setup with a big Gardiner pole, trailing hose etc. So whats he getting wrong? I don't know a lot about the WFP systems, but it would be nice to have an idea so I can explain when people come complaining.

there are those who think they can cut corners and use tap water....:gush:
Yeah ,I've heard people saying about that on here. I think this guys been in the game for a while though, hes got a fair bit of work around here, and a signwritten van, so hes no weekend warrior as far as I can see.

sounds like he is not rinsing anouth if windows r filfy they often need dubble rinsing also could b the vents i saw a wc pole guy in my town i thault he was a gud wc but saw a top window he cleaned an i was shocked fraims wernt cleaned an there was a masseve streak on the bottom opener frm the vent not good an people like that give wfp a bad name

sounds like hes got all the gear but no idea . . . . on a serious note i reckon some people think that the water is magic and they spray a bit on the windows and frames and its job done when it aint that simple

sounds like he is not rinsing anouth if windows r filfy they often need dubble rinsing also could b the vents i saw a wc pole guy in my town i thault he was a gud wc but saw a top window he cleaned an i was shocked fraims wernt cleaned an there was a masseve streak on the bottom opener frm the vent not good an people like that give wfp a bad name
Thats what amazed me- I could forgive the upstairs ones not being perfect, but the windows I was looking at were the ground level ones! I've got a feeling I'm going to have a very chuffed customer by the time I'm done. Its sad really as I've done a lot of work for this lady in the past and shes like the model customer. Always chatty, plenty of tea, pays quick etc. He was charging her smurf prices too and still not doing a good job. I'll be charging the same, but at least they'll be gleaming. /emoticons/biggrin.png

sounds like hes got all the gear but no idea . . . . on a serious note i reckon some people think that the water is magic and they spray a bit on the windows and frames and its job done when it aint that simple
Could be mate. Its always the few that ruin it for the many. Like I said above, he was charging a good rate for it so its not like he was doing a rush job because he had to make up time.

here is a couple of short vids of my techneeque i use an also wat to look for after u have cleaned a window its very simple once u now but some people just go 100mph an dont give a dam

Good vid. I'm pretty sure this guys not doing any of that tench. He's fallen at the first hurdle by not touching the frames.

Perfect mate, exactly how i dow them

Alot of my work is fortnightly so once i have blitzed the frames i can just maintain them, so some weeks i can just do the glass then other weeks blitz the frames again, very easy.

One of my mates watched me the other day without me knowing, i was in radio land ( had my earphones in) when i finished he bipped and called me over, " bloody hell you fair scrub them dont ya?" He says, i thought i was on fire that day.....he says he does less than half of what i did and what you did tench!!! How he expects to clean them properly i do not know!!! He's the same at trad too

Perfect mate, exactly how i dow them
Alot of my work is fortnightly so once i have blitzed the frames i can just maintain them, so some weeks i can just do the glass then other weeks blitz the frames again, very easy.

One of my mates watched me the other day without me knowing, i was in radio land ( had my earphones in) when i finished he bipped and called me over, " bloody hell you fair scrub them dont ya?" He says, i thought i was on fire that day.....he says he does less than half of what i did and what you did tench!!! How he expects to clean them properly i do not know!!! He's the same at trad too
my m8 is the same keir he is so quick an doesent rinse proply i dont no how he gets away with it some windows can b cleaned a lot quicker buy scrubing fraims then a quick rinse but i find most need a lot of attechion as they will leave runs some i have to rap a microfiber cloth round the brush an wipe the top very time consuming but at least i no there done proply some bunglows i dont tuch the top fraims at all just scrub an rinse side an bottom fraims an glass then when i finish i wipe top fraims with a damp microfiber an then wipe sills dry wrks a treat

Used to work for someone who did windows at 100mph, he could get away with it most of the times, I guess it's about finding your type of customers, personally I couldn't leave a window like that, half finished job, some of his customers weren't happy how quickly he would finish (understandably anything quicker than pound/minute is suspicously quick) then again watching your video, because the door was already clean I was thinking what takes him so long /emoticons/biggrin.png I know you just demonstrated how it's done properly.

I think it's about knowing every single window on your round, you know which one you can just give a quick wash, also as the weather gets warmer by the time you finish you can see if any of them spotted, streaked.

I just picked up another one today- my 5th one this week! Not sure if its from the same windy, but what surprised me was that hes been doing this guys windows for 20 years, and the guy is even giving him a months notice. I havent seen them yet but the guy says the windows are covered in cobwebs. FFS, this job aint hard, but his loss is my gain, the customer seemed a good sort too so I should be on to a winner.

I just picked up another one today- my 5th one this week! Not sure if its from the same windy, but what surprised me was that hes been doing this guys windows for 20 years, and the guy is even giving him a months notice. I havent seen them yet but the guy says the windows are covered in cobwebs. FFS, this job aint hard, but his loss is my gain, the customer seemed a good sort too so I should be on to a winner.
How big is this other windy TAP? :rolleyes:

oops i water fed poled my back windows today but only with tap water...the wife will confirm it dont work...she not impressed at all...thats 176ppm for you...:eek:

Hahaha i had slanging match with another windy the other week, reckons i've been stealing work off him

He is just such a horrible/aggressive little man with his custys and doesnt do the job properly, doesnt do sills even if they ask him too, does half the windows if he thinks their out, he offered out an 80 year old out when he sacked him!!!

He is trad this lad, but what made me laugh when he accused me of stealing work, the house he was on about was a house i sacked off for being a bad payer, he has no work in that area so he obviously had been knocking in my area or they asked him to do them, so contradicting his own ethics, the bad payer moved and new person asked me while i was doing their neighbour as they didnt like his attitude whatsoever

But even after he's been sacked for over 2 years he still claims that they are HIS houses, its as if the owner can never have their windows cleaned ever again. I just said to him do you pay the mortgage? They can choose who they want to clean and lets go and ask them who they want. But i never ever knock on peoples doors, i always wait for them to ask me, and because my round is so compact it rare that i dont do any of the houses.

He threatens to put his custys windows through as they are sacking him, the old folk are terrified of him.

Other thing is on my estate i do 95% of the houses he used to do 1% the other 4% dont have them done, but yet he still claims its his patch, his 1% has now dropped to 0.01% nowadays, this estate is a good few hundred houses.

He's mental lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha i had slanging match with another windy the other week, reckons i've been stealing work off him
He is just such a horrible/aggressive little man with his custys and doesnt do the job properly, doesnt do sills even if they ask him too, does half the windows if he thinks their out, he offered out an 80 year old out when he sacked him!!!

He is trad this lad, but what made me laugh when he accused me of stealing work, the house he was on about was a house i sacked off for being a bad payer, he has no work in that area so he obviously had been knocking in my area or they asked him to do them, so contradicting his own ethics, the bad payer moved and new person asked me while i was doing their neighbour as they didnt like his attitude whatsoever

But even after he's been sacked for over 2 years he still claims that they are HIS houses, its as if the owner can never have their windows cleaned ever again. I just said to him do you pay the mortgage? They can choose who they want to clean and lets go and ask them who they want. But i never ever knock on peoples doors, i always wait for them to ask me, and because my round is so compact it rare that i dont do any of the houses.

He threatens to put his custys windows through as they are sacking him, the old folk are terrified of him.

Other thing is on my estate i do 95% of the houses he used to do 1% the other 4% dont have them done, but yet he still claims its his patch, his 1% has now dropped to 0.01% nowadays, this estate is a good few hundred houses.

He's mental lol
Sounds like that guy could do with a very public beating mate.

Latest Posts

Back