Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Call yourself a window cleaner?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes, I class myself as a pro window cleaner and I not been doing it very long. I would class anyone a pro, whom meets a good elvel of cleaning and conducts his/hers business in a professional manner and delivers what he/she says. I have a full website, flyers, bsuiness cards, vehicle and I use a water fed pole system and have spent a lot of time listening to tips and learnign how to use it and also working the theroy of it out and how the pole works best cleaning, its all common sense, you dont just shakle a broom at a window, i find that a silly assumption people make, if you do not do it right its a **** job, but I started very briefly on ladders and moved to WFP as in MY mind its a far better clean and deeper clean flushing out all the dirt from the frames and behind and cleanign the air vents out so they donet drip **** off when it rains, so the windows do not get as dirty in between cleans. Its a fantastic system and in my opinion its liek moving from Tapes to CD. I also to save on pure ater clean my bungalows with the old fashion way and have got my skills up to a good level now as practiced like hell and can adapt to that if needed. But at the end of the day whom says you have to be a proper window cleaner if you do it the old way, I feel the newer way is far better and if someone goes down that route they do not need to touch a applicator etc...why do they need to prove it? to whom? when the windows they clean are perfect? Just use what you need to and if it works for you then thats all good.

I had a guy come up to me a few weeks ago and said that not window cleaning (another cleaner) WFT? If it does a great job who cares, why was he so bothered anyway? I dont get this anti WFP thing, I feel for that when i first started but looked into it and its great, looks better using it and has a a better theroy behind it. GO WFP!!!

:windowcleaner:I waggle a stick very well....apparently my Karcher vac does an amazing job on the insides too.

What's this squeegee thing people mention ? :zzz:

You can all refer to me as Mr Professional now, as I carried out my first internal TRAD clean today and i left um sparkling to boot LOL :whistle: /emoticons/wink.png

I use both. mostly WFP but get more satisfaction out of a squeegee.

However, I do not think anyone is more or less of a window cleaner if they use a squeegee or WFP as it is progress.

Take J K Rowling, she is one of the most successful "writers" of all time (and writer write's, right?). She wrote all of her Harry Potter books on a laptop, she never wrote one word on paper, BUT....she's still a writer isn't she?

So, just because some WC may have only started on WFP and have never really done traditional, it does not mean they are any less skilled or any less a WC, just more up to-date.

You can all refer to me as Mr Professional now, as I carried out my first internal TRAD clean today and i left um sparkling to boot LOL :whistle: /emoticons/wink.png
Well done :thumbsup:

greener keep it up ...

top tip for u .. get the wee dispossble shoe covers come in a box for a few quid .. it shows ur customers u respect there hme as walkin over carpets in shoes it we bit better /emoticons/ohmy.png

greener keep it up ...
top tip for u .. get the wee dispossble shoe covers come in a box for a few quid .. it shows ur customers u respect there hme as walkin over carpets in shoes it we bit better /emoticons/ohmy.png
Cheers @peter rogers :) ive got some in the van, every time I take my children to swimming lessons I um "borrow some" yea that's the word, from the Despenser on the wall /emoticons/wink.png

gd job mate i do a womens house on malone rd and she has cream carpet on hallway qand i just know i wud get a bitta dirt on if i didnt have them on look like a dork but dont wan have a cleaning bill lol

well i trad that store front today with a 2 quid wilko squeegee and it was alright lol, left the odd smear which i had to go over but looked ok. Took 10 mins.

Shop owner was fit as well

well i trad that store front today with a 2 quid wilko squeegee and it was alright lol, left the odd smear which i had to go over but looked ok. Took 10 mins.
Shop owner was fit as well
Well you say you left a couple of smudges but I'll bet by next time you do it you will have it down. A squeegee is one area I don't spare the pennies, It's gota have good weight distribution ans be a comfortable grip then the magic will happen.

6 quid lol bt she wants weekly

still 24 quid a month for what will be a 5 min job soon.

Yep i have a massive list of stuff to buy, wpf gear , van mount, trad gear etc, just having to make do at the moment but its coming together slowly

which squeegee should i get?

For a plain everyday squeegee i would Get an unger ergotec handle and stainless channel

Around a tenner and postage free from wintecs but 3 day wait for delivery

It will do everything you want it to

Or try a basic moerman one which will do the same and cheaper but cleaning spot are only suppliers and you get a delivery charge

Back