Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can A Brush Be Too Light

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I need some new brushes well confused now lol. Been using a vikan sill brush for the past 6 months and need to replace it asap. Did i see somewhare Richard said he would chuck in his window cleaning book to any body who bought a couple of brushes???????? Advise very welcome

I think i will try one for roofs, as we do a lot of them and need more scrubbing poooowwwaaarrr

That’s the same one I have in the van Tuffers; short bristle double trim Boars Hair all black bristles, The most popular is the Long bristle double trim Boars Hair Brush. I never advertise the brush you have; it’s a very rare brush.

Richard
Hi RichardSo why is the short hair so rare, is it better than the long hair, also what is the difference between black and the brown hair that I have ?

Tuffers, I use the 100% Red bristles brush mostly, at the moment though, I am using the Hybrid brush for maintenance cleans

Trickydicky0_16, Yes I did mention that on the forum, if you buy 2 brushes with the fixed scraper head and or Sidetrack pivot head at the same time I will send you a copy of the book.

Damo, if you’re talking about Boars hair brush, definitely get one as part of your kit for conserve roofs and self cleaning glass, Solar panels etc. Get one of mine or another firms brush, but have one handy.

Andy, there rare because I have only ever made about 50 of these all black brushes; the Boars hair is usually Black & white, when mixed it is often called Grey.

I'm interested in one of these brushes I'm using the Gardiner super lite sill medium mix brush ATM and it just doesn't seem to scrub no where near as good as my old brush witch was like the tecbuk style

i bought a dual trim, black sluper lite, not the extreme yesterday, i have used it yesterday and today and i like it, it is completely different from the extreme black and sill black, these 2 are too soft for me, this is good

I'm interested in one of these brushes I'm using the Gardiner super lite sill medium mix brush ATM and it just doesn't seem to scrub no where near as good as my old brush witch was like the tecbuk style
I would recommend the Double Trim Hybrid Brush for regular maintenance cleans if you want the extra scrubbing ability Twhite; it has Boars Hair concentrated in the centre part of the brush, aprox 15-17% of the brush is Boars Hair. Much faster to use than a 100% Boars Hair Brush. Many other suppliers have tried to imitate the ‘Tecbuk Style’, including some of the huge international companies.

Richard

Back