Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap van mount cuz I am tight

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Those kobold boxes are good

Me and @Posh both have one

Mine is a 60psi and is good enough..100psi will be good

Nothing wrong with using them but i would buy a spare pump in case as they can be swapped in minutes

Mine is happy connected to 70m of hose with no issues

Why aren't we all using something like this as a cheap van mount?
i guess becauce a shurflo pump and a good controller is bullett proof and will last for years and years,would you honestly go back to useing one of those spruce over what you have now?

being tight with equipment is not the best way forward as it hinders potential growth in your business-if you stay tight then you'll always struggle to earn money

i've done all the diy things and been tight but when you invest a few bob on the right kit the rewards come back-they really do

an example

use an slx instead of a cheapo glass fibre pole you may get an extra job or two in the day-£10 extra for instance,times that by five=£50 per week times by 4 equals the monthly £200

times by the yearly £2000 just by buying a good pole

imagine what a good set up would/will create extra revenue daily/monthly/yearly and the increase in turnover and profits could be by buying wise and not being tight?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i guess becauce a shurflo pump and a good controller is bullett proof and will last for years and years,would you honestly go back to useing one of those spruce over what you have now?being tight with equipment is not the best way forward as it hinders potential growth in your business-if you stay tight then you'll always struggle to earn money

i've done all the diy things and been tight but when you invest a few bob on the right kit the rewards come back-they really do

an example

use an slx instead of a cheapo glass fibre pole you may get an extra job or two in the day-£10 extra for instance,times that by five=£50 per week times by 4 equals the monthly £200

times by the yearly £2000 just by buying a good pole

imagine what a good set up would/will create extra revenue daily/monthly/yearly and the increase in turnover and profits could be by buying wise and not being tight?
Well said Kevin. The old cliché 'you get what you pay for' is very applicable in this industry.

Just got my slx 25 today, now I'm wondering whether to get one of these or save for a tank,pump, and flow control or not? What's a realistic life span of these units any one no ??

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

View attachment 6855 @Posh

I haven't got that much hose on it now i have gutted it to make another trolley and using 30m of pole hose now

I did have 30m of the microbore in the pic on a reel with 30m of pole hose (5m id) attached with a jg fitting to 10m of pole hose in the pole

No issues at all even on townhouses and conny roofs

It does get more flow with less hose though..had to turn it up a little with all the hose on

Only did it like that for a little while and wonder would i have done some damage if i kept using it with that much strain on the pump

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back