Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

China @carbon poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

With all the tension over war etc people staring to move away from the made in china thing got me thinking maby some pole suppliers may look at switching to other countries for there carbon poles to be produced Italy make some fantastic fishing rods very high standard carbon blank’s wander if @Alex Gardiner or any other suppliers will be thinking about changing ? also all this hypersonic missiles maby the hypersonic brush ?

Alex once stated that none of his carbon fibre poles originate from Chinese manufacturers @tench0771

The supply chain from China (including shipping) has become rather unstable and prices have rocketed. The wife is a buyer for the company she works for and they have been focused on looking for goods manufactured locally rather than China and the EU. There are a lot more British manufacturers of goods than there was a few years ago.
I don't know what ever became of the trade links with India that Boris was bragging about a few years ago, but none of the stuff the wife buys comes from there.

I think Daqua sources resin from India, but supplies haven't been that reliable for reason @doug atkinson once explained.

My friend has a factory over in China and the price of a container 6 months ago was around 15k compared to precovid it was 2.5k.

He's been purchasing fabric materials from India.

I would love to see us making our own stuff obviously more expensive to purchase but most things that come from China are **** anyhow.

There is a major Carbon Manufacturer in Scotland and they do primary fish poles that cost thousands.

They wouldn’t manufacture a pole as it would be mass produced. Their main factory is in Japan but their prices would be too high against that made in China.

Tulsion comes direct from Thermax in India.

Indion also comes from India.

Purolite has a factory in Romania.

Unger I think comes from China.

There is a major Carbon Manufacturer in Scotland and they do primary fish poles that cost thousands.

They wouldn’t manufacture a pole as it would be mass produced. Their main factory is in Japan but their prices would be too high against that made in China.

Tulsion comes direct from Thermax in India.

Indion also comes from India.

Purolite has a factory in Romania.

Unger I think comes from China.
Forgot about diawa factory they make some fantastic poles and the most used in the course fishing

There are a lot of other suppliers of carbon blanks apart from china
There is a fella on Facebook that sells carbon poles the same size diameter sections as Gardiner poles they aren't much cheaper than Gardiner poles but you need to buy the clamps from Gardiners plus pole hose etc and of course no 12-month warranty they are allegedly Hi-Mod carbon

people have raved about them but only time will tell as they also rave about poles they've only used a few weeks, which we all know simply isn't long enough to cage the longevity of a pole

Back