Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi all

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wink2202

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hello as a Newbie, I've just joined the forum and I'm about to start my window cleaning business. I've read lots of useful advise on here but no doubt will be asking lots of questions still!! I'll be taking things slowly but surely as I'm fortunate enough to have another job to keep me afloat until I can do windows full time. I'll be starting by learning the trade from the very bottom and practising on friends and family's windows to start. I'm looking to initially buy one of the starter bundles from window cleaning warehouse but can't decide which to buy!! Either this...

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/facelift-fireblade-pro-bundle.html

or this...

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-ergotec-50th-anniversary-kit.html

Any opinions or advise on these or any of the other products would be really appreciated..

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate, all you need to get started is some scrims, old towls, bucket, a 14inch squeegee and a 14 inch applicator, that's all you need to practice, oh and a ladder!

My trad gear is still pretty basic, and I only use it for rare insides now anyway, but is just a bucket, two squeegees one small one large a mop a bucket and rags/scrims etc

Welcome, I say buy as individual items as most of the 'Bundles' are loaded with stuff not really needed.

You need an applicator, a squeegee a bucket, some microfiber cloths and a couple of scrims. That's it if you plan to start slow on friends and family houses. Watch loads of Youtube and drop in here for anything else you want to know.

Good luck.

Quickest way to get started is just do straight pulls but make sure you dry the squeegee really well in-between.

Ok thanks everyone, yeah I'll buy the bits individually, Would you go for the normal unger ergotec or the fire blade? I'm torn between the two and I don't want to waste too much money at this stage finding out for myself [emoji3]

Ok thanks everyone, yeah I'll buy the bits individually, Would you go for the normal unger ergotec or the fire blade? I'm torn between the two and I don't want to waste too much money at this stage finding out for myself [emoji3]

Unger!

theres nothing between either of those, just what colour you prefer

hang on a mo , the cheaper one is the best deal ,the grey, its got the ergotec washer Tbar.

Latest Posts

Back