Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council/ housing association work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My personal experience is there is far better residential work out there. I am mainly 75% commercial and the only time I quoted for this type of work, Housing 21, I was told out of 10 quotes I was the most expensive. I actually spent 2 days looking and speaking to the Managers, who all commented on how poor the current window cleaners were. Never bothered since

Has anyone got advise or information on how to get work with the local Council or housing associations?
From my limited experience they expect the earth with RAMS and what they want from you but are only prepared to pay peanuts and you have to jump through loads of hoops as @Part Timer said there is far better work out there paying far more cleaning 3 bed semis any invites to tender we get from them go straight in the bin , we get asked to do the local town hall and 25 bus stops every 3 years I haven’t Evan bothered opening the envelopes for the past 3 times I did put in a quote years ago and I was told I was 4x dearer than the quote they accepted and I went in cheap as at the time I wanted the work ???

I have a customer who is one. He told me they now do tours around the lodges and you can just apply. Not something I think he agrees with. It used to be invite only!
I have been invited twice by one of our neighbours and a long-term customer, I turned him down both times on the grounds I don't like people

Latest Posts

Back