Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Couple of recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Evening gents. As the title suggests, a couple of recommendations for you.
Firstly a van alarm with a difference.
This has no wiring and sticks to your doors. It gives out a warning when anyone try’s to enter the van, so unlike most alarms, it doesn’t let the thief do damage to the van before it goes off.
I’ve got dual side doors so brought the 3 pack at around £230.
If you go on YouTube and type in Vanguardian, there’s a great demo there.

Attachments

• 24220C98-232F-4BAC-9332-9516932CB47C.png
    24220C98-232F-4BAC-9332-9516932CB47C.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 26
Secondly, a new bit of kit that @Skxawng has asked me to trial.
A new connecting kit for the rectus fittings.
The older version of the sleeve is good, but I found the female section would slip off sometimes as you pushed it into the sleeve.
No such problem with this. A little stiff to undo the first couple of times but after that it works lovely.
Very robust. Once again, we’ll done @Skxawng ?

Attachments

• C01E89F4-BADE-412F-8884-BEDA4241A26D.jpeg
    C01E89F4-BADE-412F-8884-BEDA4241A26D.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 173B6409-1113-4E86-8700-55E1B2CAABA6.jpeg
    173B6409-1113-4E86-8700-55E1B2CAABA6.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 4E9D8986-62A3-4E94-B086-B81318881487.jpeg
    4E9D8986-62A3-4E94-B086-B81318881487.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 34
The older version of the sleeve is good, but I found the female section would slip off sometimes as you pushed it into the sleeve.
No such problem with this. A little stiff to undo the first couple of times but after that it works lovely.
Yes we have been trying it today for the first time and agree it’s a very good product I have and use the older style and love that but this new one is a fair bit slimmer well done to @Skxawng for his small inventions that make the working day that much easier and saves a bit of time ?

I’ve been thinking of buying on of these connections, rectus fittings don’t last very long

The details in the design are really well thought out. From the internal slots for the double ear clips, to the little square blocks that stop the thread undoing itself but allow it to be unscrewed with a little more force.
It worked well today, straight through the floor rollers and snagged much less on the cloth when reeling in.
Really great design and implementation, well done to @Skxawng .

Yes we have been trying it today for the first time and agree it’s a very good product I have and use the older style and love that but this new one is a fair bit slimmer well done to @Skxawng for his small inventions that make the working day that much easier and saves a bit of time ?
Yeh, he mentioned he thought of you long after I was his first choice ??

Isn’t there something like this already on the market ?
There is another product that is actually a replacement for the rectus and a 'protector' all in 1. The problem for me is I like the ability to be able to use my poles with my backpack which also has rectus. With the other brand you would need additional connectors as well on backpacks, spare reel etc.
@Skxawng version still uses a rectus and can be disconnected quite easily and means all my spares are still available.

Latest Posts

Back