Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Desktop Weather Gadget

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mart1001

Hi guys...

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but, couldn't think where else to post it. Also, apologies if you're already aware of and/or use this but, I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Weather-gadget.jpg

I installed this round about 12 months ago. I had a massive job on with my car, I had to basically replace engine, front suspension, interior and more. Many weeks work and it was all of course, weather dependant.

Now that I'm thinking of starting up as a windy, I'll be relying on this gadget again to help with my schedule.

The picture is cropped from my desktop and shows how the gadget sits in the bottom right of my screen(you can drag it anywhere you like and it will remember your settings). You click at the top and then enter your post code(first three letters) and then get the 5 day forecast for your area(again, the gadget will remember this from there on).

You can right click it in your icon tray/preferences and ask it to run on computer startup.

It's totally free and dead simple to install and after 12 months of use, I've detected no spyware/trojans etc etc...I've used computers since 1983 so, things like that don't get passed my security too easy. Talking of security, you'll obviously have to let it past your firewall, as it takes it's info from the local weather station(depending on postcode entered). It's as accurate as any other forecasting is so, sometimes it'll rain when the night before, you were told it would be a lovely day etc /emoticons/biggrin.png

There's no actual install as such...just unzip and run. Here's the way I do it(I'll give the link below), just download anywhere(I always download to C:\My Downloads....if it doesn't exist, just create it. Then unzip the file(right click and select extract files etc) and again, unzip it anywhere you like...I just created C:\Weather Gadget and dropped it in there. Open the folder, find the application and double click it.

Here's the link:-

http://www.adni18.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=97

hmm....I can't find a link tab above(it's normally where the twitter is on this format) and so, you'll have to just copy n paste sorry.

There's a few different weather gadgets and other stuff on the site if you go to the home page but, I've linked to this one...Live Weather II(although, it's actually version III) as it's the one I've tried and tested as I say.

Apologies again if you all already know about this or use something simular and feel free(moderators) to delete my thread if this is the case but if not, I hope someone finds it as useful as I have.

Mart.

Weather forecasts... I think they just guess as they never seem to get it right lol.. I prefer the met office app, as you can get to view the cloud coverage etc, so gives a bit of a better idea than just seeing wee pics of a cloud or a sun

Daft thing I actual look at about three and choose the one that says what I want it to say... Oh and the local radio's not that good!!! Would like to say look out your window - Its raining!! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have just brought a new computer and it has got windows 8 on it so the weather comes u automatically

Thanks mart for the informative post. /emoticons/wink.png

Personally I prefer to use met office site for weather info

Back