Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Disappointed with wagtail slimline flipper

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use the crank at the same angle

I am used to using a 0° swiveloc so i like using a squeegee at a different angle as the less the angle of the channel the more angle on an adjustable end so can do over deeper sills

It fells different in my hand though

I tried the fixed wag angle arm but to be honest prefer an adjustable wfp angle adapter myself when doing wag pole work.

I just did the Herman angle mod on the wag handleFeels weird now and not sure about it but closes out better on my upstairs windows when i get to the bottom as i can use more angle on the adjustable crank and not catch the sill with the pole now
I find it better on closing out in hand and on pole, BUT, in hand when you're using it observe how your hand/wrist/forearm no longer needs to go through gymnastics when fanning. I found, once I got used to it, that the fanning action felt, easier on the arm. no strain in shoulder, elbow, or wrist.

At the moment by hand it feels a bit weird..like fanning with a 0° swiveloc by hand

I'm sure by the end of tomorrow it will be fine

Well i have a lot of work tomorrow so i will soon get used to it i reckon

Every new tool feels weird at first

It feels great now..no strain on the wrist and better on the pole with adjustable angle

Yes, I take your point Eric, but although I used a Liquidator in a Wag, I couldn't get it to work properly, as I said before. Now, to be fair I haven't had time recently to take a look at this problem closely, as I've been very busy, and I haven't tried it in this Wag that I have been talking about which has the straighter angle, so I'll let you know how it goes. (I have to do the decorating before I'm aloud to play!!).
OK, so I had some time today so I put the liquidator into my 'best' Wag. After adjusting to the slightly larger (12 Inch) size it worked great, seemed to glide over the glass well and was so quick. So, very pleased with it, after all this time!!

A little more difficult with the slimline channels but I turn the pad around so that the rounded edges are on the clip and speaking of clips it appears Willie is going to be offering the new finned clip as an upgrade accessory...check out Peter Erkins clip...I am going to buy some as P think these will work much better with the Liquidator channel, albeit with a bit of careful snipping and heat forming at the clip points. [media]

[/media]

A little more difficult with the slimline channels but I turn the pad around so that the rounded edges are on the clip and speaking of clips it appears Willie is going to be offering the new finned clip as an upgrade accessory...check out Peter Erkins clip...I am going to buy some as P think these will work much better with the Liquidator channel, albeit with a bit of careful snipping and heat forming at the clip points. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chxSgrnrnuk[/media]
Looked a lot of trouble to me, this is a pic of one of mine with the Wag pad.View attachment 4644

I only use a wagtail for all my work, large windows, small windows (even 6x8") I wouldn't use anything else. No pipes, no reels, no large canisters of purified water. I could catch a bus and go to work. Probably use 2 litres of water a day max. All on my belt. It does take a while to master it, probably took me 3 months but now I'm uncluttered and free. I can see it wouldn't suit everyone though but I'm really glad I stuck with it.

I only use a wagtail for all my work, large windows, small windows (even 6x8") I wouldn't use anything else. No pipes, no reels, no large canisters of purified water. I could catch a bus and go to work. Probably use 2 litres of water a day max. All on my belt. It does take a while to master it, probably took me 3 months but now I'm uncluttered and free. I can see it wouldn't suit everyone though but I'm really glad I stuck with it.
Blimey, is that the Wagga of YouTube fame? Welcome!

How would it work on leaded windows? Where if using trad methods, buffing would be required to remove soap deposits from lead lines?

What's your favorite/most used wagtail channel size? Also have you modified your wagtail in anyway to make it work better for yourself and the type of work you do?

Good question, I use a vikan head with the velcro mat and attach a vikan mop with a large microfibre cloth velcro'd to it. Works well for leaded windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your favorite/most used wagtail channel size? Also have you modified your wagtail in anyway to make it work better for yourself and the type of work you do?
I use 3 sizes, 14" for upstairs....10" for downstairs but can also use the 14 on patio doors. and a 6" for narrow and small windows. I have modified the heads by using a vikan scrubber mop peeled back a layer at the back and fixed onto the channel by using pond pump black pipe with a slot cut in it lengthways to hold on the cloth firmly and then clamped with plastic clips used for holding pipe on cars, just fits and tightens the pond pipe. I use standard microfibre wagtail blue pads for the 10 and the 6 with the same clips. I have also added another arm at the top of the pole with a microfibre cloth (attached by velcro) for tidying up the top of the window. Latest addition is the sill brush which cleans the sills downstairs so that your microfibre cloth lasts longer for mopping up. Sometimes the brush is enough.

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back