Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you cover your gear when working in the rain?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Off to do my first job of the season today. Light rain forecast.

Appreciate a lot of you chaps will be working with van based systems but for those of you with mobile units, if it rains do you cover up your machine? I’ve got a couple of big gazebos that live on the van roof for my landscaping work and can easily assemble on my own assuming the job is big enough to fit one in. Just wondered if I need to or whether you use something smaller to cover your machine when working?

Obviously nothing that stops it getting air circulation for cooling or might catch fire on exhaust.

Or does it just sit in the rain?

Off to do my first job of the season today. Light rain forecast.

Appreciate a lot of you chaps will be working with van based systems but for those of you with mobile units, if it rains do you cover up your machine? I’ve got a couple of big gazebos that live on the van roof for my landscaping work and can easily assemble on my own assuming the job is big enough to fit one in. Just wondered if I need to or whether you use something smaller to cover your machine when working?

Obviously nothing that stops it getting air circulation for cooling or might catch fire on exhaust.

Or does it just sit in the rain?
I'd think most machines are designed for outside use in all weathers. Could be wrong but they wouldn't be fit for purpose if not. Made me laugh about using gazebos though :LOL: although I suppose it could be good for advertising, getting the cover sign written :unsure:

Cheers all.
Light rain as forecast. Intermittent. I always have tarpaulins on the van and client had a handy balustrade around the edge so strung one up in a corner. Did the job nicely. Good to know that it doesn’t need it though.

I'd think most machines are designed for outside use in all weathers. Could be wrong but they wouldn't be fit for purpose if not. Made me laugh about using gazebos though :LOL: although I suppose it could be good for advertising, getting the cover sign written :unsure:

Got two of them. Probably the best money I’ve spent. 3m x 3m each. One goes over me one goes over the poor sod working the mixer. If nothing else they keep the tools dry and makes it more pleasant to work and less cleaning them up at night. Nice to sit under for lunch too. ?

Funny you mention signage though. Had my new board out the front of the property today. Can’t hurt to do a bit of free advertising.

Latest Posts

Back