Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dog attacks wee girl

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The fact we've seen the same thing happen with countless breeds over the years proves it's a person problem, not breed specific.

I have a German Shepherd who is glued to my 2 year old daughters hip, loves people and other dogs because he's been brought up properly - years back they were in the same position that the XL Bully is now in.

If you ban XL Bullies, there are plenty of other 'capable' dogs that these scrotes will move onto, breed badly, ruin and get them banned too. At what point do we draw the line? Do we only allow small, feeble dogs that aren't capable of inflicting any damage even if they wanted to?

I understand not liking dogs, or a specific breed but you have to look at the bigger picture and realise that if not the XL Bully, there will just be another breed.

The fact we've seen the same thing happen with countless breeds over the years proves it's a person problem, not breed specific.

I have a German Shepherd who is glued to my 2 year old daughters hip, loves people and other dogs because he's been brought up properly - years back they were in the same position that the XL Bully is now in.

If you ban XL Bullies, there are plenty of other 'capable' dogs that these scrotes will move onto, breed badly, ruin and get them banned too. At what point do we draw the line? Do we only allow small, feeble dogs that aren't capable of inflicting any damage even if they wanted to?

I understand not liking dogs, or a specific breed but you have to look at the bigger picture and realise that if not the XL Bully, there will just be another breed.

Attachments

• C26A5DB9-A8B6-4D15-9A87-7F2C4A9131B4.jpeg
    C26A5DB9-A8B6-4D15-9A87-7F2C4A9131B4.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 17
I’m a dog lover.My uncle is a dog trainer and his had German shepherds ,Rottweilers etc and all have been great dogs.

While people can argue it’s not the dog its the owner etc these dogs have been specifically bred this way by pikey back street dog breeders and puppy farmers.They are bred to look aggressive hence the cropped ears and be aggressive.

They’re a fashion item now but also a weapon.I know someone who breeds them there core customer is clueless chavs or criminals.
If you’re a drug dealer for example and you want to protect yourself or House you’ll get 5- 10 years for having firearms or a couple for a knife.
you’ll very,very unlikely to get anything for a dangerous dog that can kill or even an out of control dog won’t likely carry a sentence and there lies the problem.

On 5 live earlier someone from the dogs trust, someone in charge of battersea dogs and an ex ds in the met all came on to say they should not ban any dogs and the owners should do their job properly
Licensing I think would be a good idea

My sister has one of these XL bully dogs. She's never had any issue with it, it's a family dog and she has young kids... There nothing like Belgium Malinois... They should be on the banned list.

To be honest I don't like dogs at all I'd be happy to see them all banned. Theres the big aggressive ones that can rip your arm off or kill then at the opposite end theres them pathetic little yappy things that have no use to anyone.

Even the average medium sized family dog would annoy me. Dog hairs everywhere, trying to lick your face, have to pick up their shite.

Nothing worse than cleaning someone windows and fido just want to say hello.
I understand why some people wouldn't like the work of a dog.
But I can honestly say I prefer dogs to people ?
I'd much rather fuss a dog at a park than strike up a conversation with a stranger, any day of the week lol

As for owning certain breeds of dog, some people seem to forget that you can own far more dangerous animals in the UK. Monkeys, chimps, big cats etc. (Even cattle kill more people per year than dogs).
But they require strict licenses that prevent most from doing so.

If they banned the Bully, people will always breed something else, it's just the way it goes.
But they're definitely needs to be some sort of licenses and stricter regulations for dogs above certain weights or power

My sister has one of these XL bully dogs. She's never had any issue with it, it's a family dog and she has young kids... There nothing like Belgium Malinois... They should be on the banned list.
I have a Belgian Malinois that is great with kids (as seen with my own below, who can be quite rough with him) and also great with other dogs. Once again an example that it's the owners, not the breed

Attachments

• Snapchat-869784180.jpg
    Snapchat-869784180.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Snapchat-334005046.jpg
    Snapchat-334005046.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Snapchat-1449276103.jpg
    Snapchat-1449276103.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Snapchat-689253951.jpg
    Snapchat-689253951.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 9
Belgian Malinois are super intelligent but also need a lot of stimulation
Very rewarding if you have a lifestyle that you can give them a lot of time

Writing from the experience of having owned Rottweilers most of my life and I have 3 now. Superb dogs not a bit of trouble. I’m the same as the post earlier and would sooner spend my time with dogs than with most people I come across to be honest. Never let you down, always pleased to see you and no hidden agenda etc etc.
However dogs attacking other dogs and people and in particular children is absolutely not on and has to be stopped.
You could bring back licences and vet potential dog owners but who polices it?
The police haven’t the resources to investigate a lot of crime as it is.
As with most problems in life it’s the minority that are causing the issues but to try and put a stop to all these attacks the vast majority of people who are spot on dog owners are going to have to pay the price as well. It isnt fair but life very rarely is.
My view is that the initial step is that ALL dogs when out and about should be on a lead AND muzzled. If a dog is seen out and about without these measures in place then it’s taken away. Simple as that.
Maybe bring back the dog wardens.
It’s really sad that we would have to come to that but it’s the only way to start in my opinion.
It obviously wouldn’t stop certain people as they don’t care anyway.
It wouldn’t stop attacks in the home or dogs that escape from the home etc but it’s a start.
Then we need to really up the punishments on the irresponsible idiots. Target them to the point that they won’t be able to own one dog never mind breed them. Each time they are caught they are dealt with more harshly to the point that they will not think it worth the risk anymore.

My view is that the initial step is that ALL dogs when out and about should be on a lead AND muzzled. If a dog is seen out and about without these measures in place then it’s taken away. Simple as that.
No one is ever going police it though, currently by law a dog must wear a collar and ID tag in a public place, my wife and I have had dogs for 23 years not one of them has ever had an ID tag, our 12 year old lab has never worn a collar he is always on a slip lead until we get to where we are going not once have I ever been pulled by coppers even when we've spoken to them in the streets and they have fussed over him,

Our dog walker tried to encourage us to get an ID tag for our little lurcher when she went out with them that was never going to happen, because I would never put my dogs name and a phone number on my dogs it's one of the worst ideas when dogs get stolen, although our two would never take off when we're out

That’s what I sai
No one is ever going police it though, currently by law a dog must wear a collar and ID tag in a public place, my wife and I have had dogs for 23 years not one of them has ever had an ID tag, our 12 year old lab has never worn a collar he is always on a slip lead until we get to where we are going not once have I ever been pulled by coppers even when we've spoken to them in the streets and they have fussed over him,

Our dog walker tried to encourage us to get an ID tag for our little lurcher when she went out with them that was never going to happen, because I would never put my dogs name and a phone number on my dogs it's one of the worst ideas when dogs get stolen, although our two would never take off when we're ou

That’s what I said mate. The problem is policing it. I totally agree that having all dogs on a lead and muzzled is very harsh for the vast majority of good dog owners.
But what other alternative is there?
At least if they were all on a lead and muzzled then it would be easy to spot the ones that weren’t conforming and therefore target the policing to these owners.
It would have to be down to the general public to report.

That’s what I said mate. The problem is policing it. I totally agree that having all dogs on a lead and muzzled is very harsh for the vast majority of good dog owners.
But what other alternative is there?
At least if they were all on a lead and muzzled then it would be easy to spot the ones that weren’t conforming and therefore target the policing to these owners.
It would have to be down to the general public to report.
Not many of the general public go where me and wife take our dogs as most are lazy fair weather dog walkers and we never see a copper in the countryside either, most prefer to walk there dogs in park or around the streets despite us having countryside on our doorstep,

This suits me as it pishees me off when the fair weather dog walkers pop up in the spring and look at me like I have 3 heads with our dogs of lead and under control and I've been out the other 364 days of the year I haven't seen one of them before

I'm guessing it's been the same type of dog who killed the man yesterday, with sunak saying they will be getting banned.

The way they bounced they guys about last week like cuddly toys should have been enough for a ban. We can't have animals that are so strong that grown men can't even stop them.

They don't want us having cars, they dont want us leaving our 15 minute neighbour hoods, they dont want us having dogs, another big one they have planned for us is they don't want us eating meat.....

This report details all the targets that are planned for 2030 -

Last edited:
They don't want us having cars, they dont want us leaving our 15 minute neighbour hoods, they dont want us having dogs, another big one they have planned for us is they don't want us eating meat.....

This report details all the targets that are planned for 2030 -

Good luck stopping me eating meat

Latest Posts

Back