Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Double Di issues

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes I have the tap fitted which requires a manual shut off using the tap, however I am fitting a push fit double check valve between the pump outlet and Di 1. The one I am fitting is suitable for the pressures and application, after I have yet again washed out my tank and lines.
When it happened yesterday my flow of water on the glass left it covered in a large amount of sand like substance which I can only imagine was the returning back flow coming through the pump and being minced resin. I was in a plumbers the other week and asked if there was such a valve to do this job but he directed me to a hozelock fitting which was just a normal fitting!!! I've done my research on these valves now and I believe this is what my system needs. Fingers crossed.
Fitted this Double Check Valve and it's working a treat. Had to wash and flush everything but to get most of the minced resin out of the vessel I hooked the vessel up to the tap and gave it a five minute blast at full flow, had the odd bit come through but it settled down nicely. Valve was only £14 from Screwfix.
tested it by pulling a pipe off and no back pressure was released from the vessel. I'll update at the weekend after a couple of tanks.

It is up to the shoulder in the video, you'll see that once he pours the water into the vessel the resin drops down,

In all honesty in years gone by I found processing water with a DI a complete ? ache it was far too much faff and aggro ultimately it's far more costly long-term with a tap tds of 079ppm which is similar to my tap tds even if someone gave me a lifetimes supply of resin and two vessels for free I wouldn't ever go DI again
My reading is 0.79 and my Di only set up with a 11 litre vessel lasts me 6 weeks quite happy with that found connecting to vessels to together pointless as when you reverse them after filling the number 1 tank is already sky high.

Latest Posts

Back