Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drones for gutters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes as far as ime aware if you are using one commercially you need a licence and registration, a guy was done round our way a while ago as well for using one within 2.5 miles of an airfield

I thought you needed a licence if being used for commercial reasons
You used to have to be CAA certified to be able fly commercially but as long as you abide by certain rules you no longer need to be CAA certified but you will at minimum need an operators licence (£10) and I think do a multi choice online test.
Insurance is advisable £20 - £5 million liability from FPV UK - Flying Model Aircraft and Drone Membership, Advice & Support check it covers your needs.

You used to have to be CAA certified to be able fly commercially but as long as you abide by certain rules you no longer need to be CAA certified but you will at minimum need an operators licence (£10) and I think do a multi choice online test.
Insurance is advisable £20 - £5 million liability from FPV UK - Flying Model Aircraft and Drone Membership, Advice & Support check it covers your needs.
I've got 3 cameras and screens, one's used for inspection and can easily see in gutters 40' high, which is as high as I can go. Far easier and quicker than using a drone

I've got 3 cameras and screens, one's used for inspection and can easily see in gutters 40' high, which is as high as I can go. Far easier and quicker than using a drone
But it’s not so much fun playing with it in the park is it?
With a sub 250 you can pretty much fly it anywhere apart from prisons and airfields
It’s classed as a toy so can be flown over people and buildings with no restrictions unless over a group of more than a thousand people

With a sub 250 you can pretty much fly it anywhere apart from prisons and airfields
It’s classed as a toy so can be flown over people and buildings with no restrictions unless over a group of more than a thousand people
Lots of fun. I even have 1 sub 250gms quad that can hit 100mph! Only problem is keeping up with stupid laws and the changes they keep making.

Happy Flying.

My leisure time is spent in a pub or restaurant I'll let the whippersnapper play with their toys in the park ?

Latest Posts

Back