Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which gutter vacuum is best?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi there

I’m looking to invest in a gutter vac so I can expand my window cleaning business.

Can you recommend a brand and model? I’ve researched Gutter Sucker and Sky Vac - seem fairly similar.

Keen to get advice from those who use a gutter vacuum system.
Thanks

Hi there

I’m looking to invest in a gutter vac so I can expand my window cleaning business.

Can you recommend a brand and model? I’ve researched Gutter Sucker and Sky Vac - seem fairly similar.

Thanks
Hi and welcome
Try using the search bar at the top of the page as this question is asked many times all the information you need should be there 👍

Very much depends on how much work you intend to do, if it's a small add on for existing customers then something small like a Sky Vac Atom / Sonic will suffice. I actually still use a Kiam from time to time, the chassis is flimsy but the vac is fine.
if you're looking to chase big commercial jobs then an Inteceptor is what you need.

I use the Gutter Vacuum Systems GVS 3000. Had it over 3 years & never had any issues with it. Wished I bought carbon poles at the start as it would have saved me some money.
Have only needed to replace the filter and the hinge clips. Great machine

I bought the GVS (Gutter Vacuum Systems) Panther and the ali poles and find for domestic they are great. If you want to work faster then something with 3 motors and 3000watts might be better. For me I can carry the small Panther round in the van all the time, so it's always ready - that said if I have booked a gutter job in I will take my small geny as I find that easier than trying to use a customers supply. The bigger 3000 watt machines need a big genny to run!

thats the good thing about the grippa one use there electric sod humping a genny around in back of van
It's only about 17kg so not bad at all. I wouldn't want to lug about one suitable for a 3kw vac as they are about 90kg!
Most gutter vacs will run on customers elec and a fair few now have outdoor sockets.

Hi there

Thanks
I’ve got the Gutter Vacuum System’s standard model. It was in a sale so didn’t bother going for the Predator or Panther models as I thought it was a bargain. It’s been brilliant.

I’ve had it for a couple of years now and it’s still going strong. A couple of friends of mine have had trouble with poles sticking together so I went for the clamping poles. They’re a bit more fiddly when trying to get up to really high gutters but they’ve never stuck.

I’ve got the 51mm poles which has meant I turn to the crevice tool a lot as if the gutters are a bit tight you can’t get the straight nozzle in there. It does eat up the big clods of grass a bit easier though.

The only time I’ve had an issue with it was when I used it to clean out my daughter’s mouse cage and forgot to put the dust filter in. The motors all clogged up with sawdust and I had to take it apart and clean them which was a right faff but 100% my fault. Other than that it’s been good.

The trolley is a bit pants too but that doesn’t really bother me. I’d recommend them to anyone. Just keep it clean and use the filter when it’s dusty

@Chapel Window Cleaning I have a gutter sucker junior and I love it. As far as I'm aware it's very similar to the SkyVac atom (however the atom has a 'blow' function). I think as standard the atom comes with a few more accessories, but none that would have been any benefit to myself. You'd have to check but it was also considerably cheaper than the atom and the gvs panther. I have push fit carbon poles which are great. I had a set of aluminium poles before but didn't like them at all. They were aerospace aluminium but a bit too clunky for me - although in fairness they were very hard wearing. It was about £250 cheaper than the vague equivalent SkyVac or GVS, however the GVS one is a bit more powerful and the poles are a bit wider. It will depend on how often you use it and the type of jobs you do. Good luck with it 👍

Liking the sound of your genny ched. What model is it?
It's the https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/p...rter-generator-for-the-panther-gutter-vacuum/ again from GVS.
They do their own but that's a little heavier but it does have a running hrs meter built in and usb. They only had the mighty atom when I ordered mine but it worked out well as it's length fits perfectly between the panther and the back door, gvs's own one is slightly bigger.
It works well with the panther and is fairly good on fuel.

It's the https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/p...rter-generator-for-the-panther-gutter-vacuum/ again from GVS.
They do their own but that's a little heavier but it does have a running hrs meter built in and usb. They only had the mighty atom when I ordered mine but it worked out well as it's length fits perfectly between the panther and the back door, gvs's own one is slightly bigger.
It works well with the panther and is fairly good on fuel.
Showing my ignorance of electrics it will run the vac but not at full power surely as the vac is 2200 watts and the geni runs at a max of 1900 ?

Showing my ignorance of electrics it will run the vac but not at full power surely as the vac is 2200 watts and the geni runs at a max of 1900 ?
The Panther is only 1700 watts, obviously it will pull more on startup but the atom geny copes fine with it.

Hi there

Thanks
My very best tips before you buy anything is to create a demand for service
Get jobs lined up and quotes given before you spend. I've seen too many Facebook marketplace adverts for shiny new equipment from ventures that haven't worked out

Gutter vacuum systems Ltd Norwich in my opinion. Faultless customer service, safe and reliable use of reputable couriers for delivery.

A proven range of equipment such as the panther and predator

I have the 1700w panther and around 30+ feet of poles which Services my customers and needs.

I used the omnipole vac for about 10 years was good at the time.
Done my homework for months on end and bought gvs predator what a machine carbon fibre poles highly recommend

The Predator is all the vac you will ever need. It might be true that it MORE vac than you will need 90% of the time but that extra power is a lifesaver when you need it. 60-70% of my jobs are done with a single motor. Maybe 20% using the second motor when I need to and then that third motor is what has allowed me to not get a ladder out once in the year I have been using it.

The new Sky Vac Industrial is the best. Specifically built for gutter clearing has the best trolley. The rest are just adapted wet and dry vacs.

The Predator is just a Elsea Titanus rebadged plus it doesn't have the pressure guage the Elsea Titanus has.

I have both the SkyVac and the Elsea Titanis.

Back