Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Faulty auto shut off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

Hi Guys

Purchased an auto shut off from ebay a couple of weeks ago, 2nd hand but unused  but it appears to be faulty.

When the float switch is operated I can hear the solenoid or relay click to suggest it should close or open the valve , but it dosent.

Would this mean the solenoid is knackered,  or is there something I'm missing. 

It is meant for 12v system. 

Thanks 

Hi Guys

Purchased an auto shut off from ebay a couple of weeks ago, 2nd hand but unused  but it appears to be faulty.

When the float switch is operated I can hear the solenoid or relay click to suggest it should close or open the valve , but it dosent.

Would this mean the solenoid is knackered,  or is there something I'm missing. 

It is meant for 12v system. 

Thanks 
Is the solenoid serviceable? Can you disassemble it and clean the coil throat and plunger to ensure it's not stuck 

It's an unfortunate risk buying anything second hand and more so on ebay which is rapidly becoming a scammers thrift shop

Most solenoids can be replaced if it's a recognisable brand 

Is the solenoid serviceable? Can you disassemble it and clean the coil throat and plunger to ensure it's not stuck 

It's an unfortunate risk buying anything second hand and more so on ebay which is rapidly becoming a scammers thrift shop

Most solenoids can be replaced if it's a recognisable brand 
Yeah , totally agree with ebay,  fortunately it was only £20. Not sure if this is serviceable or not, the circuit board would have to be soldered back to the solenoid 

16307656811754755615475188883272.jpg

Yeah , totally agree with ebay,  fortunately it was only £20. Not sure if this is serviceable or not, the circuit board would have to be soldered back to the solenoid 

View attachment 25452
Looks like you might be able to undo the 2 screws/allen bolts to remove solenoid from the valve. Also if the coil is 12v dc then you could just apply battery voltage directly to it (with correct polarity) and see if the valve opens. I am guessing that the circuit board is only there as the float switch can't take the current required for the solenoid. So the circuit board is probably just a small relay operated by the float switch.

Take it apart and clean it. Looks like it can be tested and freed up 
Took it apart nothing obv wrong, seemed to move freely. Put it back together and still not working. Ordered replacement off interent for £20 so will see how we get on with that 

Took it apart nothing obv wrong, seemed to move freely. Put it back together and still not working. Ordered replacement off interent for £20 so will see how we get on with that 
Either the coil is cooked or pcb damaged. Always better to buy new items mate when it's important parts 

Latest Posts

Back