Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve vs one shot vs wfp link... Full review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Right, the results are in. I was indeed correct. I was able to install the app on her phone and then connect to my remote control with no security challenge of any type - and then connect my phone again straight after.

Proof:

View attachment 22466  View attachment 22468

Obviously i didn't turn the pump up from 0 lol (there is a ez snap / rectus but it still wouldn't feel right). The point is, a connection was made and the DE setting was visible at 63 along with the battery status on the settings screen.

My point remains, a competitor could connect to the fob and attempt to drain the tank (flooding your vehicle) or simply drain the battery by having the controller continually testing for dead ends all night.
One simple solution, switch off the 12v to your pump. That way no one can take control over night! It is a bit silly there is no button press required on the actual controller in the van to accept a new connection. As you say it is a lapse in security but by having a 12v isolation switch you cover the issue. 

I think a lot of companies add app connections to their devices and never consider the security side of things. 

Wfp systems are over complicating a traditional window cleaner but your still using the wfp!! ?

Whilst your pulling a hose, I'm pressing a button, why would that mean you finish earlier??? ?

Cal settings are fine. ?

No need for either, yet you choose a univalve over pinching the hose and yet you choose this even though there is no problem,.. Feel like neo in the matrix with that logic ?

It's fine to have an opinion or choice but at least talk sense if your gonna be so bombastic with your replies
At the end of the day it's not needed.....a univalve is all you need....I find it laughable that established window cleaners are moaning about a few quid spent on them....I bought 3 recently for £90....well worth the money...they last years....nipping the hose is not practical....a univalve allows for smoother more efficient water control......

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid ? (nothing personal Bald) You want to stop the flow of water from your tap - close the tap - I really can't see the down side with a univalve - simple, reliable and paid for itself in one 20 min job.

No serviceable parts, nothing to lose, drop, tread on, batteries, no security threat (thanks tango)

We all like a new gimzo - but really an on/off 'tap' that takes a second to operate is perfectly fine for me - I only fitted a uni-value to stop all my customers saying 'oh you're losing all your water' - when we chat - with 800l tank i never run out no matter how long we talk about the mighty Saints performances ?  Sounds like Bald you've got the hump with the 40ish price tag - fair play - i value reliability and doing the job, which I've never had a problem with my univalve...

I'm open to new ideas and love tech..but not sure i'm convinced overcomplicating a 'tap' is worthwhile???

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a bit silly there is no button press required on the actual controller in the van to accept a new connection.
To sync the remote to the controller you do indeed have to press a couple of buttons but it's the remote that is the problem. Anybody with a phone can connect to the REMOTE via bluetooth (assuming the remote is still in the van) - the remote already being paired to the controller then leaves the door open to abuse.

But I guess pulling the fuse is an option! I don't think in my area i'd need to worry about it however for some windys it could potentially be a problem.

Right, the results are in. I was indeed correct. I was able to install the app on her phone and then connect to my remote control with no security challenge of any type - and then connect my phone again straight after.

Proof:

Obviously i didn't turn the pump up from 0 lol (there is a ez snap / rectus but it still wouldn't feel right). The point is, a connection was made and the DE setting was visible at 63 along with the battery status on the settings screen.

My point remains, a competitor could connect to the fob and attempt to drain the tank (flooding your vehicle) or simply drain the battery by having the controller continually testing for dead ends all night.
When I'm not working all the 12v system is never live and is isolated with one flick of a big switch, how would they turn my pump on then? 

Not bleedin hot water brigade, I have cleaned wfp with cold water for over 12 years so I must have left all the windows dirty ?
I was pointing out that you can't use hot water in that type of system.. Besides if you say hot water doesn't clean better than I assume you bathe and wash your dishes in cold water too ❄️❄️❄️????

Another plus for the univalue as it's on the pole hose - you can still use it when using a backpack/trolley - very handy for softwash jobs etc which don't run off the controller...just saying swings and roundabouts ? 

I'm guessing, but perhaps the price rise on the univalve may not be down to rampant 'profiteering' but rather as an economic consequence of the market being fairly saturated by now, I imagine they are have gone thru the exponential growth phase when we all rushed out and gone one or three and since they seem to last are still using our original ones ...leading to a relative 'slump'/tail off in sales leading to the didacts of economies of scale meaning the price has risen as new sales fall/plateau ??

When I'm not working all the 12v system is never live and is isolated with one flick of a big switch, how would they turn my pump on then? 
That's fair plays to you but remember Springs instructions don't even mention a switch - just wire it straight to the battery. Does seem a bit daft really.. I have a lengthy email to send them with feedback so i will add that to the list.

My current univalve I have to push thr hose back up end pole for water to stop , dosnt happen all the time tho , just when the tug on hose dosnt turn water off.  ?‍♂️

My current univalve I have to push thr hose back up end pole for water to stop , dosnt happen all the time tho , just when the tug on hose dosnt turn water off.  ?‍♂️
Is you base pole rubber cap to tight of do you have an incorrectly crimped double ear O clip fouling the top pole ID 

That's fair plays to you but remember Springs instructions don't even mention a switch - just wire it straight to the battery. Does seem a bit daft really.. I have a lengthy email to send them with feedback so i will add that to the list.
Spring controllers need a constant live feed as most are used for hot water frost stat protection and that needs to have power all the time Evan when the controller is turned off 

I was pointing out that you can't use hot water in that type of system.. Besides if you say hot water doesn't clean better than I assume you bathe and wash your dishes in cold water too ❄️❄️❄️????
So you’re saying the windows you clean with hot water are cleaner than the thousands of people who use cold without issues?

Obvoiusly cleaning dishes etc is better with hot ?

(I used hot for ten years with a fogwash gas heater) haven’t replaced it yet, don’t know if I will

So you’re saying the windows you clean with hot water are cleaner than the thousands of people who use cold without issues?

Obvoiusly cleaning dishes etc is better with hot ?

(I used hot for ten years with a fogwash gas heater) haven’t replaced it yet, don’t know if I will
Im not saying the windows I clean are cleaner, what I'm saying is if you use cold you have to impart more effort to return the same results as hot

I am saying that hot water cleans things better than cold, that's physics, not just my opinion. 

Given the same amount of water, effort, time and grime hot water will produce better results than cold.

You can clean your windows with p@#s for all I actually care, but you can't argue hot water doesn't clean better than cold. 

Spring controllers need a constant live feed as most are used for hot water frost stat protection and that needs to have power all the time Evan when the controller is turned off 
I'm using WFP Link... does that need to be on 24/7? - I've no frost protection etc, it's just a remote receiver. I can't see why it would need to be on constantly - especially when i've got the flow turned down to 0!!!

You can clean your windows with p@#s for all I actually care, but you can't argue hot water cleaners better than cold. 
But that's exactly what you ARE arguing?? lol

I'm using WFP Link... does that need to be on 24/7? - I've no frost protection etc, it's just a remote receiver. I can't see why it would need to be on constantly - especially when i've got the flow turned down to 0!!!

Must spell check before hitting submit ???????

Spring controllers are used in a number of applications , the only reason I know they are always live is I have a hot system and when the controllers are turned off they are still live to fire up the boiler if the temperature drops to 2 degrees , @Ian Sheppard Is the expert and will be able to explain this far better than me . 

Proof:

Actually Only one fob can be connected to the WFP Link controller at any one time and only one blue tooth connection as such there is no security issue no one can suddenly over ride your connection and take control of the WFP Link or App. No one can hijack you controller of Fob connections while without you knowing. WFP Link was deliberately designed so that only One fob/app can be connected to the control at any time.

The Fob Transmitter goes into a standby mode if no buttons are pressed within 20 seconds of the last press. The receiver also drop into a standby mode during this period and while yes the receiver is monitoring as it is only bonded with one fob, No one else can turn the controller back on.

On powering the controller down the processor goes into a standby mode in exactly the same way as TV a Mobile or pretty much all devices do while connected to a power supply in this case a 12V battery. Disconnection the battery powers the processor down too.

Ian Sheppard

Spring (Europe) Ltd

Latest Posts

Back