Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Feeling uninspired! What does the future hold?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for all your comments guys!

I guess I'm having an down period, I suppose when we dream about success we view in a very rose tinted way, and I've just woken up after a year and realised it's good but not as good as I imagined. So I've deciced i'm gona at least look for someone to work with me one day a week, to break things up at least, and defiantly get someone in for bigger jobs. I've just been asked to quote for windows in and out, gutters and fascia's on a mansion so I'll definitely need someone for that!

I recon I'll strike a balance eventually between hard work, sometimes with someone and good money.

Cheers chaps

Currently I have about 350 monthly customers (some of those are big commercial jobs), and 50 ish every second month-ers.

I'm not driven by money, but simply the freedom that window cleaning gives you, and of course paying the bills with some left over is always nice.

I work on my own mostly, but have my dad with me a few days a week also.

It really is what you make it, but Window cleaning isn't for everybody.

I run a tight schedule, and have my work well organised. I know my days work and what needs done.

I also like listening to the radio or audio books when I'm out working. Makes the day fly by.

Some weeks I am very busy, but if I feel myself getting drained or tired then I do tend to just take a day off and do something else. Normally after that I'm recharged and raring to go again.

I also know of window cleaners busting their gut and only scraping by,others who work on there own and have to plan there work so they don't hit the vat threshold (£82,000 per year).

Those guys always seem to be very motivated.

82 grand on your own?!
I know of a few.

They have excellent compact rounds and are priced very highly.

I agree it isn't the norm, but there is those who do it.

40-50k should be the target for anyone working full time hours and running your own business, dealing with customers and your own tax etc.

Back