Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Interesting Stats

WCF

Help Support WCF:

K

Keithlons

Hi guys, as I use a spreadsheet to manage my business this morning I decided to see what was the average house cost. I think some of my houses are priced correctly but others are too low and those I am slowly bringing into line. However I was surprised when I did my stats. I have 150 houses so I added up the total monthly cost £.0000 and divided by number of houses. I was quite surprised to see the average cost £7.89. As I am traditional I probably clean on average 2.5 houses per hour. Earning around £18 per hour. I'm happy with that. I live near Bishop Auckland North East. Would be interesting if you guys could do the same calculation and we could see by region if their is consistency and variations.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi guys, as I use a spreadsheet to manage my business this morning I decided to see what was the average house cost. I think some of my houses are priced correctly but others are too low and those I am slowly bringing into line. However I was surprised when I did my stats. I have 150 houses so I added up the total monthly cost £.0000 and divided by number of houses. I was quite surprised to see the average cost £7.89. As I am traditional I probably clean on average 2.5 houses per hour. Earning around £18 per hour. I'm happy with that. I live near Bishop Auckland North East. Would be interesting if you guys could do the same calculation and we could see by region if their is consistency and variations.
I did once a long time ago, p'haps I'll do it again

Only issue is if you have some real big houses on the round or mansions etc that take time to do. We'd have to do something with them or the average price isn't going to be a true reflection of 'the bulk of the daily round'

its an average so it should reflect your daily work, I also keep an accurate record on spreadsheet and have made an effort to increase my average clean since Aug in that time its only increased by pence from £18.45 to £18.92 which is what it stands at today.

my cheapest is £7 and dearest £70.

because I know my average price I find when quoting close to my average, I add on an extra pound just to get it over

Agree with Rosewood!!! You could take out the big houses likewise what about the small houses. I have some houses at £5. Some at £20. I think this post is working because Rosewood is similar to my gross hourly. If you know your average then you have a good idea what should be your minimum charge otherwise you will be taking a pay cut. Good feedback though.

its an average so it should reflect your daily work, I also keep an accurate record on spreadsheet and have made an effort to increase my average clean since Aug in that time its only increased by pence from £18.45 to £18.92 which is what it stands at today.my cheapest is £7 and dearest £70.

because I know my average price I find when quoting close to my average, I add on an extra pound just to get it over
You have to include all regular prices to get a true average, perhaps leaving out an exceptionally large place that you might only do twice a year. One of the things I have is what they call a bank account file, in which I put all customers gained or lost, this will give me a figure of how much my 'round' has gone up or down. Very interesting when you see over a year how it's going.

Back