Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

650 litre storage tank. Am i missing something!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Arnold2408

Just got my RO setup ready to produce water for the first time. Apart from springing a few leaks along the way it all started going well till I realised that the pure water was leaking out the bottom of my storage tank. The tank came with a 1" BSP outlet that I had screwed into the hole at the bottom of the tank. Am I missing a part or have I made a silly error in the way I fitted it.. The plastic thread screws in nice and tight into the tank but there is a half moon opening either end of it that just lets water pour out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just got my RO setup ready to produce water for the first time. Apart from springing a few leaks along the way it all started going well till I realised that the pure water was leaking out the bottom of my storage tank. The tank came with a 1" BSP outlet that I had screwed into the hole at the bottom of the tank. Am I missing a part or have I made a silly error in the way I fitted it.. The plastic thread screws in nice and tight into the tank but there is a half moon opening either end of it that just lets water pour out.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
May have answered my own question with a bit of thought and help from google. Looks like I need to buy a 1" BSP male plug for a couple of quid of e bay and use that instead of an bsp outlet.

Any pics? Did you put PTFE tape round the thread, you may need to.
No pics sorry. I didn't use any tape round the thread but is wasn't leaking around there. It was just pouring straight out the hole through the middle of the plastic outlet thingy I screwed in. Did you see my last entry about just getting a 1" bsp plug.. The pic of that looks like what I should have.

Latest Posts

Back