Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day with vanmount setup, aaaaahhhhhh

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have used trolley but would never go back to it . Van mount is so easy. Pull up to the customers house and within 30 seconds I can be cleaning the windows . Not the case when your constantly dragging a trolley and changing barrels . I would say my van mount is 50% more efficient than trolley. Time is money !

Agree. A van mount is much faster. My reel is fixed in my van and my pole sits on my ladder while I am working and I just open the van and walk to the house and turn the tap on and clean.

well first proper day out today, van set-up all adjusted, 30 minutes in, water stops on pole, ran to van hoselock fitting come off the pump outlet. twatty i says. controller off,connected back up. tank out again, blow dry wet flooring, ive secured hose down now , it wont move now. then the hose come off the reel, water come out but not too bad. try again tomorrow, hopefully a quiet day.

It took me 2 years to get my van system perfect. I no leaks anywhere. The best think to have is a good reel and crimp all your ends. And have a spare hoselock metal female for the hose as they alway break...

fitted new fuse today, everything went great, learning not to take reel out all the time, just reel enough hose off reel to cover the lengh of walking distance for the whole job, getting easier everytime im using van mount set-up.not missing filling backpack up with 25 litre containers.

got a roofrack for van with rear roller so waiting to use that ,no more lifting heavy duty ladder onto side of vehicle, just push it onto van rollers and tie up.

all i need now is a few big commercial jobs. no worries about water.

Back