Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting roller guides....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jonny 67

Hi guys, I've bought a hose roller guide kit from Grippa tank. I'll get my mechanic to fit it, as he's used to doing fabrication work on vehicles. Just looking for any guidance from you guys, as I don't want to make any mistakes. I'm assuming fit near the bumper as possible. Any tips on potential drawbacks would be fab. TIA ?

Hi guys, I've bought a hose roller guide kit from Grippa tank. I'll get my mechanic to fit it, as he's used to doing fabrication work on vehicles. Just looking for any guidance from you guys, as I don't want to make any mistakes. I'm assuming fit near the bumper as possible. Any tips on potential drawbacks would be fab. TIA ?
There are plenty of posts regarding roller installations and clear images that @Pjjand others have fitted previously. 

The obvious place to install is in an area between the chassis / frame rails and avoiding the exhaust system, fuel tank & spare wheel. 

Use the search bar to find Reel roller guides 

There are plenty of posts regarding roller installations and clear images that @Pjjand others have fitted previously. 

The obvious place to install is in an area between the chassis / frame rails and avoiding the exhaust system, fuel tank & spare wheel. 

The main problem I have found is the main chassis sections are right ware you really need to fit the rollers so it’s a compromise but still works ok , hears a few pics of them in my various vans 

D76692E6-7D8B-4773-A837-4E4E624B41A2.jpeg

990D7DB2-22D0-4B0D-8303-932AF575BA67.jpeg

Make sure you fit it in the right direction- at right angles to the hose reel like in pjj's photo. I fitted mine parallel to the hose reel and it shredded the hose till I changed it. I do find the grippa ones have sharp edges, if you pull the hose to the side then it can shave a layer off.

Cheers cheers guys, that's really helpful. Much appreciated! I think my spare wheel and exhaust will be a problem, but I can always carry the spare in the van?

Or you can have your reel in the middle and stow away the spare wheel in the back of the van that's what I did 

Back