Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the highest paid?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

iv jus priced a builders clean at 300 outside only for a 4 storey house , not huge but awkward job

Dont think like that scrim it.....dont do yourself down. More big jobs will turn up and you will be all the wiser and more prepared for it.

Onwards and upwards mate

The last folk to do it charged half of what i did..........there's absolutely no way on gods earth i would even think of doing it for any less than i charged, they must of either been mugs or just work for peanuts

But funny how the school didnt use them this time, their work must of reflected the price!!
I have occasionally been called to re-clean windows that had been done by one of the big contract companies.

They obviously trained their staff to do the job quick, judging by what I have seen. Add that to cheap foreign labour and you can see how they can quote cheap. Of course the job isn't up to my stardard or yours obviously, but the price is good for many big customers - So, they get the work. The customer may not even realize how bad it is, or how much better it can be done in many cases. Your job though is an exception to this. I guess the person in charge had a good look at what they paid for and wasn't happy.

Yep, it also helps i know the school administrator and she knows i dont mess about lol

Just quoted a huge 5 story block at 700, if we get it we are going to have to buy a 50 footer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm vast majority domestic but all the commercial work I do have is priced very well. If I can't get it at a price that excites me to go there then I don't want it. For all the reasons mentioned commercial work is a risk. My commercial work tends to earn me £60 - £80 an hour. If it's a big job I price it on the basis of what I can do in one hour. I lose more commercial quotes than I get. But I don't need the work so I have to make it worth my while to do it. So far I've managed to build a good relationship with them all and am appreciated for doing it properly. People get mislead with cheap and cheerful window cleaners who charge rock bottom but don't do a great job. They then expect from the next guy similar pricing but a job done well. Good work takes time. Price it that way!

I haven't read all the thread, but I have recently massively under-priced a large job. I thought £550 per month would be too high but they nearly snapped my hand off and let me know that is by far the cheapest quote they have had :mad: Thing is it's actually what I would charge and i'll be wuite happy with that for 2-3 days work.

I think i'll up the price in the next few months. Maybe another £100 and claim it as employee expenses etc.

I haven't read all the thread, but I have recently massively under-priced a large job. I thought £550 per month would be too high but they nearly snapped my hand off and let me know that is by far the cheapest quote they have had :mad: Thing is it's actually what I would charge and i'll be wuite happy with that for 2-3 days work.
I think i'll up the price in the next few months. Maybe another £100 and claim it as employee expenses etc.
I've under priced on that sort of scale before. Putting it up by £100 so soon and claiming it as "employee expenses" is risky. They'll wonder what you're up to. If they bit your hand off then they know it's under priced. I would approach them after doing two cleans - see how much you can get the time down while still maintaining a good standard - and just be honest with them. You'll have a far better idea them of how wide of the mark you were. Just be honest and tell them you made a mistake. You will still try to keep the price as a low as you can but you've got to make an adjustment to continue. Chances are they willl appreiate your honesty and give you that chance to re price. They know everyone else was higher so they'll want to see what your new price is before they go to someone else. Plus if you do a good job then it's better the devil they know before they change you for someone else. Let's suppose you end up coming in comparable with the other quotes. They'll stick with you because you've proven you can clean well. Keep the price like that for a year but then being commercial they will expect it to be put up. Keep it in line with inflation but keep it to round figures. This normally means you can go slightly above inflation but round up to the best round figure.

Several years ago I started I with an office that I quoted at £57. Using the same technique I soon got it up to £80 and then with price rises have gotten it to £115. Now I love going there as it's a great earner.

Just my two pence worth /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back