Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Clean By Hand

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They still sell exactly the same one today bud. All I got was a replacement lol. I was young then (19) didn't know any better

see thats the problem with ladders, you come off and could be away from work for a few weeks or worse /emoticons/sad.png

I use that ladder setup most days only may I add when appropriate to do so. I'm well aware of the risk involved but try to minimise the risk as much as possible hence the reason why I use that kit. /emoticons/wink.png

That's the only gutter clearing ladder setup I will work with now Shaun. I advise you get sorted the same as gutter clearing from a ladder is dangerous work :Image9:

Got the lot from ebay so think in total cost less than £200. The only thing I bought new was a triple 12 rumg combi ladder.

Indeed Shaun as I was lucky to find bargains on ebay as if buying new would have cost double that.

Yep missus your deep flow is not so deep is it.

attachicon.gif
IMG_4192.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_4193.JPG

Was still frozen so came out in big chunks hence the thermal gloves.

Forgot my ice pick tool as the gutter spoon on that pole was useless

attachicon.gif
IMG_4196.JPG

Trying to use a guttervac would have been useless on this one too chaps /emoticons/biggrin.png
The guttervac system I have come across space-vac, come with a sharpened spike tools that cuts roots like toffee etc. dont how it would have done through frozen though , I bet that would be a challenge!!.lol

I've used guttervacs also for a few years now and all I can say is they have limitations to what they can actualy do. Even with spikes etc as I clear gutterng and blocked downspouts all year round either by hand or guttervac unlike some do.

Your sharpend spike tools might struggle on this one too :Image13:

View attachment 3109

The guttervac system I have come across space-vac, come with a sharpened spike tools that cuts roots like toffee etc. dont how it would have done through frozen though , I bet that would be a challenge!!.lol

Yep a while ago now.like you when I was searching for a stand-off suitable for roofs.

Would I buy one if they were sold here in the UK proberbly not as the microlite is a decent bit of kit which is class 1 rated.

I've just went and purchased the ankalad stabiliser and the microlite on your advice smurf. The setup you use looks super stable and if i have to go up a ladder thats the kind of set up i'd feel comfortable with using.

Ive just added gutter cleaning to my cleaning business after reading posts on here and ive got my first one booked in for a week on monday.

I have a gutter vac coming next week and i ordered the gutter tools with extension pole, I think im set to go.

I'm ordering the lyte ELT340 ladders, these extend up to 10m, do you find thats sufficient reach for 2 storie houses?

Nice one Scotty. :Image9:

Yep that ladder would do fine Scotty but must admit I prefer a ladder with a stabiliser bar at the bottom myself as the ladder is less likely to dig in on grass. However there are advantages without one as you could use something like this as well for sloping firm ground.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Big-Grip-Ladder-Stabiliser-/251281488278?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item3a818b3996

Or even this chepo ladder mat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ladder-Mat-Ladder-Stabiliser-WIndow-Cleaning-increase-safety-and-protect-/350666839685?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item51a55f5685

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back