Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Everz

Hi everyone,

So I’ve been lucky enough to have kinda inherited some PW equipment, I recently started roof scraping and cleaning, getting some decent jobs (only a weekend side line at the mo). My problem is I have don’t know what fittings are on the equipment, I want to purchase a second lance maybe some more hose and I have a telescopic lance that doesn’t fit my machine so need to change the fittings to suit, or buy converters (if they exist)
Is there an easy way of telling what I have/what I need?
obviously measuring the fittings but am I look for inside or outside diameter measurements when browsing?

Any help would be appreciated I know a very novice question but I’m stuck!!

All I know is that they are the quick release type not the screw ones.

Put some photos up of the fittings to give people an idea. It’s impossible to guess without seeing anything, more details are needed if you’re needing the help.

Measure them and give Rutland a call. There aren’t that many variations and unlikely to be anything that isn’t available off the shelf. Or just Google your measurements and it’ll invariably tell you whether they’re 3/8, M22, midi, etc. then order off Rutland, Equip2Clean, Amazon, EBay etc etc.

These are my usable fittings, the ones on the extendable lance are the same just smaller. Also is there something that you can add that will allow me to change from my lance to surface cleaner without stopping the machine? Thanks for all the help

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 4
Look like midi to me but measure and check.
You can add a fitting enabling you to swap appliances. Thinks it’s called a kew fitting or Kew spigot. On mine I can just open the bypass valve and do it that way.

Back