Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova8 go hoseless diy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

I've had my ova8s 2 or 3 years now I have put on the end of the hose at the bottom of the hose from gardiners please see photos

I had them secured on with o clips but I would struggle with the pole not completely shutting and you had to give it a good shale to release what was catching.

So at the weekend i decided to glue the fittings on and its worked perfectly smooth doesnt catch and strong.

I carry alot of spares so if I need to change them quick slice after the barb and fit new go again.

I know people will.be aware of a set up like this but not seen anyone mention mention glueing fittings on.

I've put it through its paces this week and worked fine.
1000023606.jpg1000023607.jpg

1000023606.jpg

I wouldn't use your setup to be honest.

There are far easier and robust methods in use, end of the hose out of the base of my poles of around 6" of pole hose with a male rectus fitting then on the rest of my pole hose a female fitting, I have been doing it this way for maybe 5 years or so as have other lads

There are far easier and robust methods in use, end of the hose out of the base of my poles of around 6" of pole hose with a male rectus fitting then on the rest of my pole hose a female fitting, I have been doing it this way for maybe 5 years or so as have other lads
And do you run on ova8 poles? A rectus isn't fitting up there.

May I add flat the other end of the pole hose that connects to reel hose is a rectus fitting.

The plastic fittings I've had for years and not once caused any problems.

Before using the Rectus protector from @Skxawng we we’re changing the fittings every 2-6 weeks now they last at least 12 months without issue
I'm using one of them also.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had glued fittings on. Working well so far.

The shape of the ova8 means you don't get much leeway with fittings

To be honest I wouldn't want one. I find rectus to be a bit hit and miss to be honest. All the **** will find it's way in it. Each to there own plastic for me though.
Each to their own, but :poop: doesn't find its way in at all, the only time I ever had an issue was when Exceed first brought out their protector sleeve with the tubeless setup years ago when I opened mine up after a number of weeks of use the black powder which comes off our poles had covered the rectus fittings and the female was jammed up

I just use JG fittings for my tubeless setup. I like that they are quick and easy to fit when they need to be changed. I use a male barbed fitting on the pole hosetail and females on the hoses. Never needed to glue them in place though. I don't even use 'o' clamps to hold the barbed fittings in place. Mind you I do only use PU pole hose

I just use JG fittings for my tubeless setup. I like that they are quick and easy to fit when they need to be changed. I use a male barbed fitting on the pole hosetail and females on the hoses. Never needed to glue them in place though. I don't even use 'o' clamps to hold the barbed fittings in place. Mind you I do only use PU pole hose
I'm a rough bugger mate reel in super quick and occasional hot water user so for that alone it needs to be well on does the hose

Penny's dropped! You were talking about gluing the male JG fitting to your reel hose. What glue did you use?
Epoxy resin. Works well so far.

I have rectus fittings from the hose reel to pole hose then at the bottom of the pole I have the female glued in and the male glued in on the pole hose all 3 poles already like this and been hood so far

Are you using PU or PVC pole hose? Reason I ask is that that when I used PVC pole hose I did need to clamp the barbed fittings on as they pulled off quite easily. However, I've not found it to be the case with PU, even when I used a univalve. All that pulling and they never came off. I can't remember whether that was the case when I used hot though. It's been a few years since I last used hot.

Are you using PU or PVC pole hose? Reason I ask is that that when I used PVC pole hose I did need to clamp the barbed fittings on as they pulled off quite easily. However, I've not found it to be the case with PU, even when I used a univalve. All that pulling and they never came off. I can't remember whether that was the case when I used hot though. It's been a few years since I last used hot.
I use pu. I've managed to pull off a few times but they've also flown off with pressure build up if a kink appears. Glue sorted it

Back