Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Home made go hoseless (sort of)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11517
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 11517

Hey all when I had gardiner poles I bought the go hoseless kit but then I bought all new ova8 poles to replace.

I only have a dispatch van now that tbh is abit on the small.side but has been the best running van I've owned so it will be staying put. I have three poles in the van and my old can cope with all the long lengths of hose so I've fitted this to the smallest one and trying to find faults before committing to doing the other two. Please see photo.

If anyone has done anything that would be better than this please share.

20220923_161018.jpg

I would have thought that the o clips would catch when you started extending the first section?
It might be better if you could get someone to 3d print you a little cone to go above the o clip to sort of centre it before it gets snagged?

Weird as I am just looking at hoseless systems and it does appear that @Skxawng system is best for non ova8 poles as it's a one handed system. I wonder if @Skxawng is working on an ova8 version?

I would have thought that the o clips would catch when you started extending the first section?
It might be better if you could get someone to 3d print you a little cone to go above the o clip to sort of centre it before it gets snagged?

Weird as I am just looking at hoseless systems and it does appear that @Skxawng system is best for non ova8 poles as it's a one handed system. I wonder if @Skxawng is working on an ova8 version?
Thanks for commenting

It does move up and down fine I drilled abit of the rubber base out and it does extened etc fine.

I'm just concerned at how long before I notice any problems with it disconnecting by itself.

What is the skxawng system? Tbh I think all poles will end up going oval or hex. Xline have just brought a version out. So there's defiantly a.market for somebody to do add.ons with.

. I wonder if @Skxawng is working on an ova8 version?
Iv not heard him mention it. I know he's working on a phantom one.

But as long as the inner diameter is not to small he should be able to modify it.

Iv been using his system for 6 months and love it. Been able to have the pole fully collapsed and not need a spacer on section one is really helpful

Iv not heard him mention it. I know he's working on a phantom one.

But as long as the inner diameter is not to small he should be able to modify it.

Iv been using his system for 6 months and love it. Been able to have the pole fully collapsed and not need a spacer on section one is really helpful
Good to know you are getting on well with the kit. I am thinking of buying 3 sets so want to go with the right system. I like the idea of single handed operation.

I haven't started on a version for ova8 yet. It may be quite a simple modification but I don't have any testers with those poles yet.
I'm just about to send out a prototype for Phantom poles to a tester.
I only have Gardiner Poles myself so it's difficult making versions for other poles as it's hard to come by exact specifications.
Ideally I'd buy a test pole of each type but I'm still a bit too small scale to justify that yet..

Hey all when I had gardiner poles I bought the go hoseless kit but then I bought all new ova8 poles to replace.

I only have a dispatch van now that tbh is abit on the small.side but has been the best running van I've owned so it will be staying put. I have three poles in the van and my old can cope with all the long lengths of hose so I've fitted this to the smallest one and trying to find faults before committing to doing the other two. Please see photo.

If anyone has done anything that would be better than this please share.

View attachment 27396
That's a pretty clever solution ?

I haven't started on a version for ova8 yet. It may be quite a simple modification but I don't have any testers with those poles yet.
I'm just about to send out a prototype for Phantom poles to a tester.
I only have Gardiner Poles myself so it's difficult making versions for other poles as it's hard to come by exact specifications.
Ideally I'd buy a test pole of each type but I'm still a bit too small scale to justify that yet..
Thanks I've got a 22ft 30ft and 60 ft versions of the ova8 poles so if you ever want any help developing a version I'm happy to help.

I think the key to them are keeping connector small plus drilling the end cap out by a few mm.

With the joint I've put on I'm just cincer3ned how long it will work for I have bought soares but I don't want to be messing around weekly with them

Thanks I've got a 22ft 30ft and 60 ft versions of the ova8 poles so if you ever want any help developing a version I'm happy to help.

I think the key to them are keeping connector small plus drilling the end cap out by a few mm.

With the joint I've put on I'm just cincer3ned how long it will work for I have bought soares but I don't want to be messing around weekly with them
Thanks, I'll pm you

Good to know you are getting on well with the kit. I am thinking of buying 3 sets so want to go with the right system. I like the idea of single handed operation.
We used to use the old exceed version and thought it was very good. But since the they have stopped selling it for there new system which personally looks like it would be awful to use and no better than a DIY solution.

So I started using @Skxawng system on my pole while my work colleague stayed on the old system.

I can say that I get no more issues than he does.

If you do go for it. Make sure you read the instructions I made an assumption when I first got it. Thinking it would be similar to set up like exceeds, it wasn't and I had problems untill I installed it properly. Lol

Last edited:
We used to use the old exceed version and thought it was very good. But since the they have stopped selling it for there new system which personally looks like it would be awful to use and no better than a DIY solution.

So I started using @Skxawng system on my pole while my work colleague stayed on the old system.

I can say that I get no more issues than he does.

If you do go for it. Make sure you read the instructions I made an assumption when I first got it. Thinking it would be similar to set up like exceeds, it wasn't and I had problems untill I installed it properly. Lol
True, it looks similar to exceeds at first glance but it works in a rather different way which is why it's able to work in situations where the exceed one wasn't suitable.

ive never used a tubeless system

what is the actual point of it ?

If the pole hose is inside the pole then surely all thats being achieved is making the pole heavier by pulling the reel hose up it....

what is supposed to be the benefit of such a system ?

ive never used a tubeless system

what is the actual point of it ?

If the pole hose is inside the pole then surely all thats being achieved is making the pole heavier by pulling the reel hose up it....

what is supposed to be the benefit of such a system ?
It means there is an easy disconnect at the bottom of your pole. Basically you still have pole hose from your reel to your brush but by disconnecting at the bottom of the pole you can just wind your pole hose onto the reel and you don't have to coil up your hose when you put the pole back in the van.

It really is just about not having to coil up your pole hose when you get back to the van. If you have hoseless (or what ever else they call it) on each pole then you just pick your required pole and connect to the hoseless system and go. Little bit of time saving plus less mess.

It means there is an easy disconnect at the bottom of your pole. Basically you still have pole hose from your reel to your brush but by disconnecting at the bottom of the pole you can just wind your pole hose onto the reel and you don't have to coil up your hose when you put the pole back in the van.

It really is just about not having to coil up your pole hose when you get back to the van. If you have hoseless (or what ever else they call it) on each pole then you just pick your required pole and connect to the hoseless system and go. Little bit of time saving plus less mess.

That sounds pretty daft to me, why would you reel the pole hose onto the reel then disconnect the pole to put it in the van ?

When i get back to the van i just reel the pole hose on the reel and sling the pole in i dont get why you would disconnect it everytime that just seems like extra work. I disconnect it occasionally maybe 3 times during the day to remove twist but thats about it. I dont really swap poles about either just the one pole all day permanently connected. I suppose thats why people say rectus wear out quickly because they are always disconnecting them, they last me months if not a year as they rarely come apart.

I cant understand why anoyone would go back to the van, disconnect a pole and coil up the hose, do people really do that ? it`ll be back out a minute down the road :D

ok sounds like more time consuming than just leaving the hose connected ?

When i get back to the van i just reel the pole hose on the reel and sling the pole in i dont get why you would disconnect it everytime that just seems like extra work. I disconnect it occasionally maybe 3 times during the day to remove twist but thats about it. I dont really swap poles about either just the one pole all day permanently connected. I suppose thats why people say rectus wear out quickly because they are always disconnecting them, they last me months if not a year as they rarely come apart.
The perk of it for me is 4 poles one hose. When you have a medium sized van it helps

The perk of it for me is 4 poles one hose. When you have a medium sized van it helps

ok i can see why if you have 1 hose reel and swap 4 poles about all day it would neaten things up.

I dont work like that though, i have a a 2 man system, a 25ft pole connected to one reel and an 18 on the other. I leave them connected at all times and simply pick the pole up which i need for the job. I use the 18 probably 80% of the day and the 25 comes out for the odd job. I got rid of any work that needs a longer pole than that a while ago makes the day easier.

That sounds pretty daft to me, why would you reel the pole hose onto the reel then disconnect the pole to put it in the van ?

I cant understand why anoyone would go back to the van, disconnect a pole and coil up the hose, do people really do that ? it`ll be back out a minute down the road :D
We often disconnect before we even get back to van, it makes winding in easyer as you can avoid a lot of catching on things.

Also we have house where we through hose over a large wall then walk round with pole and connect.

Since going hosless we have also gone to lighter poles for normal work.thid speeds ups up no end. Then becuase it's so fast to connect and disconnect we just connect a bigger pole if needed.

Lastly way less **** gets up the pole becuase you disconnect the entire hose is wiped down when you wind in.

Back