Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Home made go hoseless (sort of)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11517
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

That sounds pretty daft to me, why would you reel the pole hose onto the reel then disconnect the pole to put it in the van ?

When i get back to the van i just reel the pole hose on the reel and sling the pole in i dont get why you would disconnect it everytime that just seems like extra work. I disconnect it occasionally maybe 3 times during the day to remove twist but thats about it. I dont really swap poles about either just the one pole all day permanently connected. I suppose thats why people say rectus wear out quickly because they are always disconnecting them, they last me months if not a year as they rarely come apart.

I cant understand why anoyone would go back to the van, disconnect a pole and coil up the hose, do people really do that ? it`ll be back out a minute down the road :D
If you use 1 pole for 95% of your work then it's probably not going to help you. I have 3 poles and do swap job to job.

I am trying to plan to streamline things as currently I have to lift reel out, plug into under bumper, turn on valve, grab appropriate pole, plug into reel, close van door and lock then off I go. I am looking at the GrippaTank through floor rollers and then fixing my reel to the van, and using a go hoseless system to neaten things up and enable me to reel in the pole hose.

If you use 1 pole for 95% of your work then it's probably not going to help you. I have 3 poles and do swap job to job.

I am trying to plan to streamline things as currently I have to lift reel out, plug into under bumper, turn on valve, grab appropriate pole, plug into reel, close van door and lock then off I go. I am looking at the GrippaTank through floor rollers and then fixing my reel to the van, and using a go hoseless system to neaten things up and enable me to reel in the pole hose.
Are you not tempted with an electric reel

Back