Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

help with RO setup needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you look at the booster pump Purefreedom sells the you will see that they regulate the flow and pressure output with valves.

Speak to @doug atkinson at Daqua. He sells a booster pump. You need to ask how he controls it's on/off operation.

What is your tap water pressure and how many litres does your outside tap deliver per minute fully open?

If you have reasonable water pressure, then you could well not need a booster pump @kolk1n . Booster pumps make a lot of noise, which can create drama with neighbours.
My water pressure is 30psi, water flow is 14-15l/min, so i reckon i will need one.
Daqua doesnt have 4040 booster pump in stock thats why i am checking elsewhere.

I know the one from grippa is on the expensive side but it comes with the manual.

My lst purchase from purefreedom lacked instructions, proof of purchase etc so i am not sure i will manage without that.

OK so if you are not familiar with the dangers of 240vac and water then don't even consider this but it's a vary simple circuit to shut off a booster when the tank is full. All you need is a float switch (control water inlet and booster pump relay), a 12v power supply (to provide power to open solenoid valve for water inlet) and a mains relay to be controlled by the float switch to shut off power to the pump when the tank is full.

As for companies selling very sophisticated 'control' systems - most of the ones I have seen are way over priced for what they do. That said for van mounted systems Springs V16 with auto fill is good and just needs a relay adding to control a booster.

Please don't 'play' with mains electricity unless you know what you are doing as it can kill you!
My electrical knowledge is rather basic but i know how to read wiring diagrams and stuff.
For me i would go for autofill controller which cost £90
Grippa sells their controller for additional £250 which includes controller 2x inline tds solenoid and float switch so i am getting a lot more stuff which i probaly will need anyway.

My water pressure is 30psi, water flow is 14-15l/min, so i reckon i will need one.

I know the one from grippa is on the expensive side but it comes with the manual.

My lst purchase from purefreedom lacked instructions, proof of purchase etc so i am not sure i will manage without that.
Personally, I wouldn't purchase anything from Grippa they are known for taking payment and not having the item in stock.

It's just a shame you didn't come on here first before parting with money on your previous purchases as I know Daqua stocks a 40/40 membrane that will work at 30psi so ideal if that's your tap pressure.

I wouldn't have thought a booster pump is that difficult to set up if it's this one Large Booster Pump with Fittings - Pure Freedom it looks ready to go and it has a built-in pressure gauge.

Try pure freedom they sell the same ones as Grippatank , speak to Tommy he’s really helpful

Latest Posts

Back