Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie to wfp!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eviestevie

Been to my local window cleaning warehouse today with the view of purchasing a ro and di vessel and tank after being advised this is best method

I only need to produce a small amount of pure water at the mo for some awkward windows skylights etc

My tds is 200.The guy in the shop said I would only need a decent size di vessel to produce the pure water and a ro at this stage isn't neccasary,and to go down the ro route when I have more wfp work

Will the above produce pure water

I no resin is expensive but il work the cost into the quotes

Another shop I rang said I'd need both because of the tds reading

So now totally confused

Any help and advice fi really appreciate lee

get a 300 or 400 ro, and 1 or 2 , 12 inch di vessels, you will need a bag of good resin, try one di vessel, to begin with, if not coming out at 000, attatch the 2nd di vessel onto the other one, with the ro tubing.

your looking @ £150+ for ro + di vessels, make sure you get the plastic ro vessels as the glass type can crack with the pressure. i know from experience. look on ebay and pure water products for best prices. they all do same thing, then get going.

i would go for a ro mate,you'll spend a fortune in resin if you went the di route,nearly everyone new to wfp tends to think of using it just for that odd window etc,before long you'll be poling everything in sight or you should be.

it makes sense to think of the future,that small 250l tank will be outgrown within a year so buy a s/h one so its not a big hit when you trade up,buying the best pole and brush you can afford will reap you benifits,also a good controller and pump along with a new battery to power all this will save you money in the long run,where abouts are you lee?

I'm in chesterfield mate!

Good advice I don't have a budget just want decent kit that will last and do the best job possible my customers have been traditional for 17 year so if I don't do a good job wfp then they'll switch back

Thanks lee

if i were to start up and i knew what i know now i would chat to doug atkinson re reverse osmosis,his controllers are very very good too and can be repaired if anything goes wrong,schurflo pump as they don't break and lasts forever-and again can be repaired,poles are subjective as are brushes but money well spent in the pole dept wil be the best investment you can do,are you working from a car or van?

i'll do some tommorrow mate for you,used it daily for four years but have since moved onto a bigger stystem 400l should be enough for one man in a day,i just like that security of that bit more just in case,if you go down this route you may have to re-think about the size of ro stystem(its all cost to start with)

Thanks mate!ye it's all cost but it's a cost I've been putting off for years!i have a very established round some of it 19years I've been cleaning since I was 15!!!

I've never had problem doing traditional and to be fair I pick up loads of work of wfp men they must be doin it wrong round here coz I no if used right it's good!im not a 1 man band I have 2 vans so def have it for one of them

Thanks mate!ye it's all cost but it's a cost I've been putting off for years!i have a very established round some of it 19years I've been cleaning since I was 15!!! I've never had problem doing traditional and to be fair I pick up loads of work of wfp men they must be doin it wrong round here coz I no if used right it's good!im not a 1 man band I have 2 vans so def have it for one of them
That's an interesting one that you somewhat hesitate to go fully WFP. I'm doing traditional cleaning now - don't you think that WFP guys actually earn more than traditional as WFP seem to be quicker, not mentioning safer?

It is faster and safer and has made bad trad jobs good for me...of course...we all hate the funny glass...:eek:

as far as a lot of people not liking the wfp, people just dont like change and of course they think they are being fiddled if you take half the time you used to take to clean their house..which is why I am a sneaky wfper...what they dont know doesnt cause problems.

failure of wfp is purely down to operator error....I always use it on my own windows now to keep an eye on how I am doing...and yes...I still make many mistakes...

Its so easy to go faster and faster and think money money money but you do actually have to do a good job ..:rolleyes:

it was funny on thursday I left one back to trad as the gate was locked and the rest all wfp, I LOVE to blade and got stuck in but....it certainly seemed to take a long time...maybe my imagination.

It is faster and safer and has made bad trad jobs good for me...of course...we all hate the funny glass...:eek:
as far as a lot of people not liking the wfp, people just dont like change and of course they think they are being fiddled if you take half the time you used to take to clean their house..which is why I am a sneaky wfper...what they dont know doesnt cause problems.

failure of wfp is purely down to operator error....I always use it on my own windows now to keep an eye on how I am doing...and yes...I still make many mistakes...

Its so easy to go faster and faster and think money money money but you do actually have to do a good job ..:rolleyes:

it was funny on thursday I left one back to trad as the gate was locked and the rest all wfp, I LOVE to blade and got stuck in but....it certainly seemed to take a long time...maybe my imagination.
Still a bit unclear whether you'd eventually go fully on WFP or not. I have my ideas how much I want to earn doing windows, and WFP sounds like a way to do better money without compromising quality.

yep it all depends on the work you pick up really...I was out yesterday and today dropping notes and saw a great development of three storey houses...now if i got that ...I would be off shopping for my slx and probs a van mount straight away...

One massive advantage to me was the day I did recently in the rain...I dont normally work in the rain but wfp....who knows.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have one commercial on my books but I am only subbed it from a cleaning company and it doesnt come my way often enough but the only way to do that is wfp...and its early morning no one there...so it all depends on what comes my way...dont forget if other wfp windys have nice jobs....they dont want to let them go...

Yes, absolutely. With WFP you don't have to save for that rainy day - because once that rainy day comes you'll be out there working laughing. Not so when you are traditional. Some swear by traditional - but I tend to think WFP will eventually win, hands down.

Back