Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Highest PPM you use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Having one of those days today; ladder blew over and left me stranded on a roof and last couple of jobs have left spots behind and have needed redoing which got me thinking about PPM. I've read anything up to 010 is fine for window cleaning and Unger recommend I change my resin once it reaches this level. I normally go to about 006/007 before I change it but what do you guys recommend as acceptable?

Not recommending it but I change mine at .004 and have no problems where I am.

And not wanting to highjack the thread either, but I haven't been using vision now for weeks and I still get perfect results. I won't be buying it anymore.

Some swear by Vision, but I can honestly say that I can't see any difference to the finished result. It certainly doesn't make any difference to the finish either on the glass or the PVC that I can see. I wish I could say that it did but I can't. Maybe it has something to do with the water quality where I live. If you are getting excellent results with pure water alone I wouldn't bother with it. If not and you're getting spotting with a low PPM reading then try it. I've cleaned with .036 before with no discernible spotting. That was due to a mistake I made and again I certainly don't recommend trying it.

I don't use vision anymore and clean regularly with 4-8ppm and no di and get spotless results every time

I don't use vision anymore and clean regularly with 4-8ppm and no di and get spotless results every time
Think it was to do with the frames today - old crappy seals and filthy frames on a first clean. Rinsed over and over but still bled in places. Hopefully the next time I do them the result is better.

It must have something to do with what type of dissolved solids are in our water.

I would think that water with high levels of calcium is still going to be an issue at low tds.

when i was single di i regularly went to 15 before i changed with no problems, my tap is 36 & i often use that on the house & usually get good results but not always so i wouldn't want to risk doing a customers at that, i wouldn't worry about anything at 10 or below

Highest I use is 000 because I've had issues at 3-4 tds and prefer peace of mind over scrimping on a resin change. But do your own test on your windows and just hope your water doesn't change. Why risk it imo but plenty of guys do so it's up to you.

Rofl@ stranded on a roof though

was just wondering what your ppm is when using a tipple di system.

is there a ppm point where its not cost effective!

sorry to go off topic:love:

was just wondering what your ppm is when using a tipple di system.is there a ppm point where its not cost effective!

sorry to go off topic:love:
In theory it should be 0 at the end result of whichever filtration you use. My tap starts off at 320-330 and one filter brings it to 0 but at a cost. Triple filter of varying ages of resin should reduce per stage (daisy chaining).

Just change it as soon as it goes above 000ppm. But I'm also triple DI so in theory the changed vessels are not going to waste (just becoming a pre filter)

Back