Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes, face the rear towards the property. If your van floor is ply, add another piece slightly bigger than the reel base. Screw it down well.
I left the reel in the van today and it was pretty good. I have bought one of the purpose built metal reels with the long crank/handle. It certainly reeled in easily. Think I will continue to leave it in the van for the time being and see how it goes.

sheet of 20mm ply sits on top off tank

secured with strap

two reels sits on ply ,screwed to ply

I can stand in back off van and reel my hose in easy

mind I hav e short legs ,only short ****

this works well pull the hose off easy and quick

I left the reel in the van today and it was pretty good. I have bought one of the purpose built metal reels with the long crank/handle. It certainly reeled in easily. Think I will continue to leave it in the van for the time being and see how it goes.
thats what I do SP get you van parked right and hayho

Can't see how a static hose is any slower to use than taking it out of the van? You still have to walk round corners.
Tuffers I agree

I have my reel strapped to the floor at the back doors ,I usually park the van down a bit from the driveway and start pulling the hose out and hook it under the tow bar and use it as a guide and just pull :)

Easy !!!!

Tuffers I agreeI have my reel strapped to the floor at the back doors ,I usually park the van down a bit from the driveway and start pulling the hose out and hook it under the tow bar and use it as a guide and just pull /emoticons/smile.png

Easy !!!!
Lamp posts are good to use as a guide too /emoticons/smile.png

when i first started my van mount 2 month ago i started to bring reel out because i thought this was the norm, i found out theres no need all the time, just reel enough out, walk to the furthest point with reel, go back and check pathway to make sure reel hose is flat on ground.

controller on and off i clean,

i have a tap on end of reel and one on the hose near brush, both taps come in handy, especially when cleaning ground floor windows.

i ve found out firstly to lock van first then just open rear doors, keeps anyone out of drivers cab,

i was around a back cleaning and i thought the whole of the van is open for anyone to get into,

at least now they cant nick the van when unattended.

i didnt even know i had a radio controlls on my wheel,

its great when you realise life can be easier.

where were we, ha ha

I tried it in van today. Pain winding hose in. When its on the floor I can get behind in and wind fast. No good for the back. It also got a knot in it about 70 mtr out. Don't ask me how. What a pain. Took me ages. Hose was quite hard with the weather which didn't help matters

love the view.....oh and of course I love your van.../emoticons/biggrin.png
I am blessed to be working in the Countryside Cheap, very few housing estate for me just rolling fields and sweet air. (unless of course some farmer is muck spreading)

...............and I love my van too :rofl:

yeh me out in the sticks too....friday finished quite late for me at five but it was one country lane all the way home and no traffic..

but yep the countryside is very dangerous and you never know what is around that bend from bin lorrys taking up the full lane to cow crossing time...oh thats lovely when your in a rush..../emoticons/biggrin.png

but sometimes I just zone out and look at the view..

Back