Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

COMPLETE BACKPACK SYSTEM

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I also bought the deal 18 months ago. Just the backpack & pole. Both still going strong. Gardeners got a good rep but I would always again buy the pole. Use it most days & it's still going strong. That's not to say gardiners isn't good. I've never used there pole so I can only comment on what I've used. Mind you my Harris homemade poles been going well for over a year now. Well worth the £30 they cost. My 22 reaches 90% of windows. Not 3rd floor tho.

thanks for your help Bingo, appreciate it. would a 22 ft pole reach old Victorian 3 storey houses?
22 ft could do some 3 storeys but 'old Victorian' sounds big so it may be close

Well it depends in the job

WFP gives an overall better clean including frames

But you can't see up close 20 foot away so check as many downstairs windows once they dry ( until your confident )

Some jobs you just need to get ladder out - not many though

One thing is for sure - I don't see how any window cleaning business can compete without WFP as you can offer so much more with it

You won't regret it

You will just have a few ups and downs on the way

It's character building !

One thing is for sure - I don't see how any window cleaning business can compete without WFP as you can offer so much more with itYou won't regret it

You will just have a few ups and downs on the way

It's character building ![/quotei think you've sold it to me lol. btw are these di vessels ok?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-7-Litre-DI-Resin-Vessel-Fittings-For-Pole-Window-Cleaning-Pure-Water-/351170755253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51c3687ab5

if you have some big houses mate you could get a gardiners clx27 thats what i used put a long arm resineck on it & you'll get most houses

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
the great thing about backpacks where they come into there own so handy for getting round back off houses get little trolley secure it easy peasy

no catching hoses on roses ,cars, fences, hedges ,trees etc

really handy

Does anyone who has a van system also have a backpack.....I am thinking about getting on as back up and for difficult to reach areas but trying to work out if it's worth it etc

Paddy, the facelift back pack is really good mate, I using it for 2 months now and it works great, no issues at al, easy to fill up and the lid works fine to secure. Great flow rate control on it.

I do not think I will change what I use, its perfect, I saw a cleaner in same street as me, pukled up same time and he was trying to find a parking space as had a van system and had to park up awkward and then run his hose along pavement and across garden etc and all round the house, what a pain I thought. I picked my back pack up carry easily to front lawn and extend pole away and clean. I finished and was away well before him, it was like a time trail lol, so to all those people telling me I need to spend 1000's on a van and set up to get pure water out my brush end "why" when I use this back pack it does all I need it to, so easy for me and no issues, I get on with it and is far quicker than ladder work getting off a van and putting back on etc, so I just love the back pack mate. I have somany houses I think to myself how the hell would I get a hose from a van round here with out so much bloody hassel and saftey to people walking over it, real no go in my mind tbh. Costs are low, you just need to fill the back pack up with pure from a barrel, oh the hassel it takes a few seconds lol, I can do the same as my local window cleaner friend in his van tbh, infact I am quicker and less worry about parking, some places I wonder how on earth he even gets to the house or flats, I personally stear clear of the van mout set up and all the costs running it etc and also making pure water, I am lucky too I can get pure from a local supplier wher ei go and fill up when I want to any day or time and fill barrels up, have a good stock always and at cheap rate, fuss free cleaning lol. I just get fed up with other cleaners saying get a van and full set up etc, when I do what they do exactly and imo faster and less fuss. Good pack, I recommend from my end and the whole use of back packs. I still like to trad some windows lower ones as like to keep my skills of trad going, All the best, Scott.

That is £616 inc VAT from WCW.......don't need the DVD and water containers are FREE from car valeting places (theyjust need a good rinse-out).
Save £100 if you buy from Gardiner....andyou get a better pole /emoticons/smile.png......

Back Pack............£102

Carbon SLX 22'....£239

DI Vessel 11l........£71

DI Resin 25l bag..£82

TDS meter...........£15

.............TOTAL....£509 inc VAT.

Can even save a few more £'s by buying reconditioned DI Vessel on ebay.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11ltr-EMPTY-DI-VESSEL-Window-Cleaning-Bio-water-Filter-EMPTY-OF-RESIN-/161671909122

and bag of resin from Daqua, I think Doug at Daqua is about the cheapest for quality Tulsion MB115 resin :thumbsup:.....

http://daqua.co.uk/resins.htm
thanks Bingo, I took your advice. all ordered now

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Scottie I have both for the odd job where access is a ***** and on the other hand I have an estate where I park up and can clean eight house from my 100 meter hose without having to stop and refill.

I don't feel a backpack can be used for first cleans not without refilling on each job and that'll take time.

Van systems are coming down in price if you go diy and I haven't had any issues with reliability yet and I used it last month todo £2000 of first cleans that was about 8000ltrs of water!!! I couldn't even think of using a backpack to do all that work.

If your going from traditional to wfp the windows will be clean but you'll still have to get the years of soap residue of and clean the frames, your going to end up using a lot of water on those first cleans.

For me it's worked out 40ltrs per house first cleans second cleans I will let you know I'm starting them this week.

nice to see your still going strong scottie...but ..I dont think neil would agree with the work he does off his van set up...he did a crackin video on here as we followed him around..../emoticons/biggrin.png

but certainly for an old codger like me with lots of one off small isolated jobs...back pack is a no brainer.

Scottie I have both for the odd job where access is a ***** and on the other hand I have an estate where I park up and can clean eight house from my 100 meter hose without having to stop and refill.I don't feel a backpack can be used for first cleans not without refilling on each job and that'll take time.

Van systems are coming down in price if you go diy and I haven't had any issues with reliability yet and I used it last month todo £2000 of first cleans that was about 8000ltrs of water!!! I couldn't even think of using a backpack to do all that work.

If your going from traditional to wfp the windows will be clean but you'll still have to get the years of soap residue of and clean the frames, your going to end up using a lot of water on those first cleans.

For me it's worked out 40ltrs per house first cleans second cleans I will let you know I'm starting them this week.
Hi mate, I no vans re good, maybe I will look into it all. Today, if I had a vam getting the hose to the houses would have a been a real pain, I would not like to try. But yes having both would be a good solution indeed. I just find it so easy to use at present, I buy pure water in at a good rate of payment and its quick and easy to get and I stock up, so no hassle making it etc and I just find using the back pack so easy. I find its quicer thna using laddersm getting them on a van/car taking them off at each house etc, thats a pain in th ass. I just pick up and plonk downa and go. I am not over fussed if I cna do it all quicker, its quick enough for me, I dont want to be doing 15-20 a day, I dont think I could do that much, I stick to 10-12 a day £130-150 a day ok might not be as much as others it seems but thats fine, I am not rushed and an easy day. I think getting a van now would mean more cost a lot more to buy a van tax, mot and runnign it and then the water set up etc, all to do what I do already, I have my water ready for the day and no what I will use have extra and thats that, I really dont no what extra benefit it would give me to switch tomorrow, that would warrent the extra costing when I am happy just doing houses , no big buildings etc so no massive jobs.

I cope fine on first cleans, I clean the windows down move on and then go back over them just the glass and rinse etc, use about 30l on a average first clean. Got amazing feedbacks and job done, so not convinced at all a van would change much for what I do and want to do and the costing and maintenence of it all. Just going on watching other WFP users and taking the same sort of times doing properties and then also last week gaining 3 jobs off other wf useser form local bigger named window cleaners whom operate from van sets ups and they have dne bad jobs and I have gone there with my back pack and done a better job and got the job full time on the round. So all that gear and its actually performing worse, ok thats down to the operator. Just happy with the back pack set up, perfect for me, quick and easy, ok gotta pick a barrrel up and fill it up regualr, but wow its not a mission, only seconds to fill. I thin it could depend on what the business is aiming at, I am aiming at 10-12 customers a day, each day and getting 130-150 a day and just residential properties. Could be suited ok for this and no need for a van, ok if your doing big office work or schools, then yes I would say I need a van set up, back pack would be hard going, but for what I do its fine and a van set up would not serve me much better if any, not enough to warrent the costs.

Good subject, would like to try a van set up one day properly or watch closer. I joined on here and everyone was like, go wfp its better and easier, I did after looking at it all and people said geta back pack does job, now everyone says geta van set up etc get this get that, is it all too much I wonder, when the back pack does me proud. Wow did I write all that lol.

Scottie I was the same the first week I thought stuff this I can't make it work I hated the hose so bought the back pack but it took a while for it to arrive.

But four weeks in its not a hassle at all you just start to think a little different it's more of a mind set.

As regards bad workmanship it's the same in every trade all the gear but no idea!!

In cornwall some window cleaners are still charging £5.00 to clean three bedroom detached houses but they don't clean frames it's crazy that's why I'm picking up so much work I charge double that.

My first cleans I'm making £20.00 an hour but I do use loads of water second cleans I've got softer brush and using fan jets.

If you get a chance to use van mount wfp you'll probably hate it I'd say you need a month of using van mount to really love it.

I've got my first day of second cleans today Scottie I will report later on how it goes:)

We

Hi mate, I no vans re good, maybe I will look into it all. Today, if I had a vam getting the hose to the houses would have a been a real pain, I would not like to try. But yes having both would be a good solution indeed. I just find it so easy to use at present, I buy pure water in at a good rate of payment and its quick and easy to get and I stock up, so no hassle making it etc and I just find using the back pack so easy. I find its quicer thna using laddersm getting them on a van/car taking them off at each house etc, thats a pain in th ass. I just pick up and plonk downa and go. I am not over fussed if I cna do it all quicker, its quick enough for me, I dont want to be doing 15-20 a day, I dont think I could do that much, I stick to 10-12 a day £130-150 a day ok might not be as much as others it seems but thats fine, I am not rushed and an easy day. I think getting a van now would mean more cost a lot more to buy a van tax, mot and runnign it and then the water set up etc, all to do what I do already, I have my water ready for the day and no what I will use have extra and thats that, I really dont no what extra benefit it would give me to switch tomorrow, that would warrent the extra costing when I am happy just doing houses , no big buildings etc so no massive jobs.
I cope fine on first cleans, I clean the windows down move on and then go back over them just the glass and rinse etc, use about 30l on a average first clean. Got amazing feedbacks and job done, so not convinced at all a van would change much for what I do and want to do and the costing and maintenence of it all. Just going on watching other WFP users and taking the same sort of times doing properties and then also last week gaining 3 jobs off other wf useser form local bigger named window cleaners whom operate from van sets ups and they have dne bad jobs and I have gone there with my back pack and done a better job and got the job full time on the round. So all that gear and its actually performing worse, ok thats down to the operator. Just happy with the back pack set up, perfect for me, quick and easy, ok gotta pick a barrrel up and fill it up regualr, but wow its not a mission, only seconds to fill. I thin it could depend on what the business is aiming at, I am aiming at 10-12 customers a day, each day and getting 130-150 a day and just residential properties. Could be suited ok for this and no need for a van, ok if your doing big office work or schools, then yes I would say I need a van set up, back pack would be hard going, but for what I do its fine and a van set up would not serve me much better if any, not enough to warrent the costs.

Good subject, would like to try a van set up one day properly or watch closer. I joined on here and everyone was like, go wfp its better and easier, I did after looking at it all and people said geta back pack does job, now everyone says geta van set up etc get this get that, is it all too much I wonder, when the back pack does me proud. Wow did I write all that lol.
Well done typing all that mate !

If it works for you that's cool don't worry - beauty of our job is that's it's simple -

I use both methods and we got trolley too

Just be mindful of your back lugging barrels around - you got to look after yourself physically

Nice one Scottie!! it's great that set up is working for you, no need to change it. I think if you went to a van mount now you would find the hose a real pain as it snags and is always something you have to think about like where to lay it so it won't get caught on plant pots, bushes, tyres, customers etc i'm used to it now and automtaically am aware of the obstacles. I personally would find a backpack a pain on most jobs at this early stage as I blast through the water. 30 litres on a first clean would be amazing i'm more like 80-100l lol.

ive been 99% wfp for nearly 4 yrs now & never needed a van mount i still dont but i'm setting one up slowly so i have the option but i reackon most will still be done with a backpack/sacktruck, if you like the backpack stick with it

Latest Posts

Back