Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Switching to WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

First of all @Halesy , my suggestion would be to change customers over in stages. If you don't then it will drive you crazy doing it all one time.

You purchased a tds meter, and yes, your water is hard. That's the first thing to buy. Secondly, you need to buy a water pressure gauge (Screwfix sell them) to see what your water pressure is from your tap and, thirdly, you need to measure how much water comes out of your tap in litres per minute.

Look at PF and copy their static system

You will need a transfer pump/submersible pump and transfer hose. I added a float switch and normally closed solenoid valve. When the tank is full the solenoid valve closes ad switch the water supply to the r/o off.

I purchased a used IBC tank for £50. It was local, so I collected it in my van.
Thanks for the reply. Yea my plan was to mainly switch my houses over to start with and stick to my bungalows the traditional way. I'm lucky that about 50% my work is bungalows.
Iv got a plumber mate who is going come round and test my water flow over the weekend.
That tank set up is the original one I was considering. Seems like alot people use pure freedom

you will encounter some resistance from the customers, if i was you id practice on your own windows first so when you start it on your round theres not going to be any mistakes, the customers who think it doesn’t work minds will be made up after one clean if its left A mess.

this might not be what you want to hear either but when i changed over i done them 3 times the first time, it took ages, done that 4 hours a day then worked off a ladder at the next bit for the rest of the day so money was still getting made,
Thanks for reply. yea seem like every body says same thing about it taking ages first time. I'm lucky 50% my work is bungalows so sounds like doing morning wfp and afternoon doing bungs traditional is way forward for first few months

Yea I really didn't like brodex when spoke to them. Was literally on phone for about 3 mins then they sent me quote. Didn't explain anything. X line was fantastic spent good 45 mins going thru everything with them but very expensive. Few years back before kids and house extension it would have been no brainer to go down van fitted system. Still starting to feel like best option. It is a long term investment till retirement lol
My experience with Brodex around 15 years ago they offered next day delivery on poles it would take them a week or more before it actually arrived,

Going wfp ain't cheap best to buy once though and be set rather than spending too cheap and spending more in the long run, it's definitely the best investment for the longterm and you won't regret it once you get to grips with a new way of things

Thanks for the reply. Yea my plan was to mainly switch my houses over to start with and stick to my bungalows the traditional way. I'm lucky that about 50% my work is bungalows.
Iv got a plumber mate who is going come round and test my water flow over the weekend.
That tank set up is the original one I was considering. Seems like alot people use pure freedom
I have two Pure Freedom van mounts but buy my R/O, filters and resins from @doug atkinson. PF engineered equipment is good, their consumables are indifferent

That will give you an idea of how to set up a static system as to where everything goes in order, best to buy from DAQUA Water Filtration Products - Quality Solutions you can phone @doug atkinson and he'll talk you through exactly what you need and will never sell you anything you don't need and you'll get the best membrane and pre-filters,

I use John Guest fittings on my static system as they are leak free and was supplied with some fittings from Doug but ordered extra bits from https://www.osmotics.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=+john+guest+1/2

That will give you an idea of how to set up a static system as to where everything goes in order, best to buy from daqua.co.uk you can phone @doug atkinson and he'll talk you through exactly what you need and will never sell you anything you don't need and you'll the best membrane and pre-filters,

I use John Guest fittings on my static system as they are leak free and was supplied with some fittings from Doug but ordered extra bits from https://www.osmotics.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=+john+guest+1/2
Thank you

Back