Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Porsche Cayenne setup question ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Minotaur clean

You know what it's like, tfl give you £5,000 for one van You put £15k into a Ulez compliant van, You keep your spare van because they're only allow one van per application , And miraculously more money comes out and they offer now £7,000 for a van which is worth £1,500 ,

You need a spare vehicle so technically speaking they're not really given me anything extra a Ulez van is over 7k anyway.. The only way I would benefit is cash in buy another van for £2,000 because this is only used very occasionally and then pocket the other 5000 minus maybe another £500 set up so potentially 4,500 plus time wasting etc call it 500 so it's probably 4,000 best case.. But I still have a **** van as a second van.. It would be as if somebody's given £4,000 which is a nice little touch I hardly ever have had anything like this in my life always working for it!

Or live the dream ? Porsche Cayenne set up in the back probably need a custom tank not sure put the £7,000 towards a £20,000 vehicle have a Porsche badge be a bit of a gimmick customers looking at you unexpectedly lol , I would only need about 250 l max because on those off days we could just traditional clean downs!
It's got quite a massive boot area any ideas what sort of tank I would need it to be removable fairly easily as well.

Has anybody done this before?
Years ago like most I used a car obviously it was an expense at the time but now being limited can you put a car through as a workhorse?

I mean it will be parked most of the time and only used once a month! Of course popping down the gym with it occasionally running it down a little bit of insignificant use just to make sure the engine doesn't seize would be the sweetener compared to an old van I'm hardly going to use ?

It would feel pretty cool yes I will have to put down a lot more company money for it rather than make £4,000 or buy a van which will end up costing more probably 9,000 so an extra 2,000.. or an extra 13,000 call it 14,000 And we have this incredible vehicle?

Obviously haven't had a chance to ask my accountant yet but I wanted to see what everyone thinks over here, I'm kind of hoping he doesn't say NO I think it will be quite a niche and probably attract customers end of the day it's a smart looking vehicle! Is it allowed that's the main thing.

Will there be any private use yes but this is something I can cross and it will probably be just once a year for that trip to Europe.
so I could work out an arm's length rental amount And run it through my accountant.

Do you think this is a good idea bad idea ?
I was looking at the ranger legitimately VAT deductible truck as well and no problems going through and it is pretty smart as well
However it is heavier on fuel It is! And it does cost about the same a 2017 Vs a 2015 Porsche Cayenne, But it's the heavier running costs which actually made me realise I can get really good fuel economy and have a Porsche badge

So can it be done car as a work vehicle offset from corporation tax talk to me ?

Just rewrote this a little bit previously It was just way too long! For a simple question

I was looking at the ranger legitimately VAT deductible truck as well and no problems going through and it is pretty smart as well
However it is heavier on fuel It is! And it does cost about the same a 2017 Vs a 2015 Porsche Cayenne, But it's the heavier running costs which actually made me realise I can get really good fuel economy and have a Porsche badge

So can it be done car as a work vehicle offset from corporation tax talk to me ?

You know what it's like, tfl give you £5,000 for one van You put £15k into a Ulez compliant van, You keep your spare van because they're only allow one van per application , And miraculously more money comes out and they offer now £7,000 for a van which is worth £1,500 ,

You need a spare vehicle so technically speaking they're not really given me anything extra a Ulez van is over 7k anyway.. The only way I would benefit is cash in buy another van for £2,000 because this is only used very occasionally and then pocket the other 5000 minus maybe another £500 set up so potentially 4,500 plus time wasting etc call it 500 so it's probably 4,000 best case.. But I still have a **** van as a second van.. It would be as if somebody's given £4,000 which is a nice little touch I hardly ever have had anything like this in my life always working for it!

Or live the dream ? Porsche Cayenne set up in the back probably need a custom tank not sure put the £7,000 towards a £20,000 vehicle have a Porsche badge be a bit of a gimmick customers looking at you unexpectedly lol , I would only need about 250 l max because on those off days we could just traditional clean downs!
It's got quite a massive boot area any ideas what sort of tank I would need it to be removable fairly easily as well.

Has anybody done this before?
Years ago like most I used a car obviously it was an expense at the time but now being limited can you put a car through as a workhorse?

I mean it will be parked most of the time and only used once a month! Of course popping down the gym with it occasionally running it down a little bit of insignificant use just to make sure the engine doesn't seize would be the sweetener compared to an old van I'm hardly going to use ?

It would feel pretty cool yes I will have to put down a lot more company money for it rather than make £4,000 or buy a van which will end up costing more probably 9,000 so an extra 2,000.. or an extra 13,000 call it 14,000 And we have this incredible vehicle?

Obviously haven't had a chance to ask my accountant yet but I wanted to see what everyone thinks over here, I'm kind of hoping he doesn't say NO I think it will be quite a niche and probably attract customers end of the day it's a smart looking vehicle! Is it allowed that's the main thing.

Will there be any private use yes but this is something I can cross and it will probably be just once a year for that trip to Europe.
so I could work out an arm's length rental amount And run it through my accountant.

There’s a loophole rule about it being over a certain weight in lbs being tax deductible that’s why a lot of firms can run about in range rovers your ac will know that one, me personally I would never take my car near any work if I have to pop to a custy for any reason il go in the van or my sons little cheapie twingo, when I was on the tools I had a mate that would go and price jobs in his 360 modena & from a custy point of view their like ‘spose im paying for that ain’t I ? I know what your saying I’d deffo be in the porsche pepper rather than the ranger but it’s impression the custy sees if there clued up you’ll get a pat on the back for pulling it off but if their not they’ll think they need a cheaper windy ?

One thing to think about is maintenance costs of the Porsche! Thinks like discs, pads exhaust, plugs, oil change, a clutch/torque convertor etc. Some of these prestige vehicles have huge maintenance costs that's why they lose value very steeply.
I would look very carefully into likely costs as a £20K that broke could be an expensive ornament! I am sure you will find Facebook groups or owners forums that will give you a good insight into what you could be letting yourself into. Like the 911's with bore scoring problems that cost many £1000 to put right!

Yeah to be honest with you I wanted to get a little Cayman 987 gen 2 that had no bore scoring issues, The 3.4 l V6 is usually about £21k at decent mileage. However very annoyingly I do not have a garage or a drive and I kind of think it's very responsible given the prices at the moment where I am in London to put stupid amounts of money down... However I think the Porsche Cayenne won't stick out like a sore thumb like the sports car will and they're both similar priced,

Also I was on holiday last couple of weeks and the friend of ours drove from Greece into Central Europe and he had the V6 3.0 platinum version , really nice car Porsche badge lovely.

The idea would be the company services it so obviously it's not coming out of my pocket company asset, set up I mean maybe I go as far as get a few barrels in the back? And just get a couple of trolleys for the one day that I need it lol..

The question is can you legitimately hold this as an asset I think you actually can!

Perhaps I'll go simple roof rack for the pole so no water comes inside barrels in the back couple of trolleys yes we will be nowhere near as fast but I will be able to cover some sort of work on the one day a month or not even that It's sometimes one day every two months..

Let me at least have some fun I've more than paid my due that's my mindset!??

You wouldn't need to use it to clean windows, you can put it through the books and use it to collect money, visit new customers etc etc. You will get a very large tax bill for benefit in kind though, as I doubt the taxman will believe you only use it for business.

One thing to think about is maintenance costs of the Porsche! Thinks like discs, pads exhaust, plugs, oil change, a clutch/torque convertor etc. Some of these prestige vehicles have huge maintenance costs that's why they lose value very steeply.
I would look very carefully into likely costs as a £20K that broke could be an expensive ornament! I am sure you will find Facebook groups or owners forums that will give you a good insight into what you could be letting yourself into. Like the 911's with bore scoring problems that cost many £1000 to put right!
20k for a cayenne is very cheap guess it needs lots of work doing on it ? I have a customer who has just bought a new one was well over 150 k I’ll get some pictures next time ime there . Servicing costs are astronomical oil service only £900 plus vat , I looked a Megan before I bought the Audi and the nearest garage is 110 miles away , the Audi is just as fast nice to drive in fact I think it’s better and much cheaper running costs .

You wouldn't need to use it to clean windows, you can put it through the books and use it to collect money, visit new customers etc etc. You will get a very large tax bill for benefit in kind though, as I doubt the taxman will believe you only use it for business.
Yeah no way will I be taking a benefit in kind especially these days it's even worse.!

Obviously the Mondeo man wouldn't survive so I think you can technically offset any vehicle as a company vehicle as long as you have used for it,

I will need to have a use for it,

Pj fair enough with the Audi I guess it was a personal purchase? That's probably the safest bet to go , But if I can get a water tank in there I think I am actually laughing. I have to ok this with my accountant and it's Friday so I've got the whole weekend to dream , I know for a fact he won't like it but we'll get stuck on is it "allowed question" his logic is always if it's a little bit exaggerated don't do it but is it allowed lol that's all I care!

Yeah no way will I be taking a benefit in kind especially these days it's even worse.!

Obviously the Mondeo man wouldn't survive so I think you can technically offset any vehicle as a company vehicle as long as you have used for it,

I will need to have a use for it,

Pj fair enough with the Audi I guess it was a personal purchase? That's probably the safest bet to go , But if I can get a water tank in there I think I am actually laughing. I have to ok this with my accountant and it's Friday so I've got the whole weekend to dream , I know for a fact he won't like it but we'll get stuck on is it "allowed question" his logic is always if it's a little bit exaggerated don't do it but is it allowed lol that's all I care!
Yes personal I rarely use the car for work purposes but if I do I just claim fuel , it’s insured for business use just in case . A water tank would fit in the cayenne there is enough room but think you would get some funny looks ????

Yes personal I rarely use the car for work purposes but if I do I just claim fuel , it’s insured for business use just in case . A water tank would fit in the cayenne there is enough room but think you would get some funny looks ????
Yes I certainly would get some funny looks customers will be shock,

Check out the 3.0 V6 2014 It's about 20,000 one hell of a vehicle, I believe it's reached its low point right now,
The SUVs probably experience the most depreciation when it comes to a Porsche perhaps not as much as the 718 Cayman the 2.0 l version at least that's the worst one because it doesn't sound nothing like a Porsche.

These are probably second in line but they're awesome vehicles and they are Porsche badged what more do you want!

Nothing more funnier than pulling up to a customer's drive in a stock £100,000 vehicle with a V6 engine or even V8 lol
To collect £15 quid ?

Yes I certainly would get some funny looks customers will be shock,

Check out the 3.0 V6 2014 It's about 20,000 one hell of a vehicle, I believe it's reached its low point right now,
The SUVs probably experience the most depreciation when it comes to a Porsche perhaps not as much as the 718 Cayman the 2.0 l version at least that's the worst one because it doesn't sound nothing like a Porsche.

These are probably second in line but they're awesome vehicles and they are Porsche badged what more do you want!

Nothing more funnier than pulling up to a customer's drive in a stock £100,000 vehicle with a V6 engine or even V8 lol
To collect £15 quid ?
I have a customer he has had several just got the latest V8 complains it’s not very economical he’s a multimillionaire property developer ???? makes me laugh he is very down to earth though you would never think he had money talking to him .

Oh that V8 is beautiful but it really drinks petrol! Those versions are actually faster than the Porsche cayman in GTS 4.0.v6 You will need a 9/11 Carrera 4S to beat that one..
Beautiful but very expensive to run the fuel is literally drank hardcore ?

Lol that is a fair statement! Because you kind of want to really achieve that I own a Porsche thing, But once you have it you are hemorrhaging money ?

The idea would be the company services it so obviously it's not coming out of my pocket
I always find it interesting when people say stuff like that that. If 'the company' didn't spend the money it could be in your pocket - minus tax, national insurance etc unless ltd then as directors dividends. Indirectly the money the 'company' makes is yours!!! OK so it the company spends it you are effectively saving 20 to 50% but it's mainly still money out of your pocket.
I'm not knocking your decision to get a Porsche at all - if you can afford it and want one go for it as you can't take your money with you when you pass away!

OOh trust me I'm not one of those people who just want to spend not to pay tax! My priority is always my dividend and my profit! Obviously there's more money kicking about otherwise I wouldn't even contemplate it.
Put it this way if I'm not making a certain amount of profit net of corporation tax per year I'm not spending I can be as tight as anything trust me! Lol.

So now it's time to create the niche Porsche Cayenne experience have your windows cleaned by a Porsche enthusiast lol
If it makes money right it makes sense tax man can't complain especially if it's bringing in business ?

I would never take my car near any work if I have to pop to a custy for any reason il go in the van or my sons little cheapie twingo, when I was on the tools I had a mate that would go and price jobs in his 360 modena & from a custy point of view their like ‘spose im paying for that ain’t I ? I know what your saying I’d deffo be in the porsche pepper rather than the ranger but it’s impression the custy sees if there clued up you’ll get a pat on the back for pulling it off but if their not they’ll think they need a cheaper windy ?
Some years ago I used to clean windows in a 35k Mitsubishi L200, with two customers who happened to be sisters plus one of their mates' things went sour very fast, despite them living in 200k+ houses and them owning Audi's & Bmw's themselves they clearly didn't like that I was doing well but never batted an eyelid or said anything when I was driving around in not so nice motors because imo they considered me less than them

OOh trust me I'm not one of those people who just want to spend not to pay tax! My priority is always my dividend and my profit! Obviously there's more money kicking about otherwise I wouldn't even contemplate it.
Put it this way if I'm not making a certain amount of profit net of corporation tax per year I'm not spending I can be as tight as anything trust me! Lol.

So now it's time to create the niche Porsche Cayenne experience have your windows cleaned by a Porsche enthusiast lol
If it makes money right it makes sense tax man can't complain especially if it's bringing in business ?
When you get it kitted out put up some pictures ide love to see it ?

Latest Posts

Back