Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses can you clean in a day trad/ do you just trad?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottie

Hi guys,

Just a question I wanted to put out as interested as somthing to aim to. How may custys am I looking at doing per day and doing them comfortably and at a steady rate not flying around just trad style?

Also, do you just trad? How may are thinking of going WFP? I have had a few peeps tell me to do WFP and ladders/tad not the way. I feel I will do trad fully as its cost effective unless you have the custys where you can get more in.

Thanks guys

Bud it's up to you really ... Take today light rain to start the day , before wfp I would just get the ladder out start climbing ... One slip and your away down the road . Which nearly happened to me , was saved by a giant plant pot stopping the ladder as it went . I would nt get the ladder out now for a million quid . Far too slipping climbing a ladder in the rain ... Both methods work ,, but for me I want to go home at night and not worry about the conditions under foot .

I generally do one house a day maybe two at a push but I'm not going to tell you what they are worth :rolleyes:

I can't remember the last time I did an exterior trad job

Lol - when i came on here everyone said dont do trad pole do ladders etc, now all i her eis do WFPT ladders far to dangerous, dont get them out, I was fine got my ladders and all ok, but here everyone saying dont do it, is making me think. I only go by what people on here say as you are the pros, proper put off lol. Oh the decisions. Was out back practicing on my m8rix and ladders and all fine no slippage, the thing dont move even if push it. Is it just winter you guys dont do ladders, is it that bad? Makes me think WFP is needed then for winter. emm.

SMURF - thats so secret! lol - I wouldent put it past you doing just two houses and earning shed loads reading all the posts on here hee hee.

Lol - when i came on here everyone said dont do trad pole do ladders etc, now all i her eis do WFPT ladders far to dangerous, dont get them out, I was fine got my ladders and all ok, but here everyone saying dont do it, is making me think. I only go by what people on here say as you are the pros, proper put off lol. Oh the decisions. Was out back practicing on my m8rix and ladders and all fine no slippage, the thing dont move even if push it. Is it just winter you guys dont do ladders, is it that bad? Makes me think WFP is needed then for winter. emm.
SMURF - thats so secret! lol - I wouldent put it past you doing just two houses and earning shed loads reading all the posts on here hee hee.
Scottie, can I ask a favour of your Mrs? Tell her from me to give you a slap. Get ya bloody ladders out, do em trad and when you're making money at it then think about WFP.

There was a bloke on here that bought all the WFP gear not long ago and sold it within weeks to back to his other business.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey as Shiny says.

Theres tradders, and theres WFPers, and then theres the people that do both. Each method has its pros and cons. And even with each method,peoples methods vary hugely. But like a lot of people are saying, starting trad is a good move. Personally I wouldn't dream of buying a WFP setup unless I was earning a good enough wedge from my round for it to pay for itself quickly. I wouldn't fancy spending a grand or more getting setup just to earn 25 quid from only having a couple of customers that month, that just doesn't make business sense to me. The early days is when you have lost of time to work on a house and perfect your technique, so its a good time to learn trad.

I've seen a lot of people saying this already, but you have to just get out there now. Its good to ask questions, but one of the best ways to learn is to experience it yourself. What doesnt suit one person may suit you. Develop your own style, perfect it, and one day people might be copying scotties techniques.

theres no right and no wrong way in this game. [ well stupid ladder angles apart] its all up to you at the end of the day. if im working trad on my own im good for 4 houses per hour for the first couple of hours, then less on the afternoons.

Last edited:
i dont think you can fall of a wfp......mind you....thats not to say its not dangerous in cncs hands...:eek:

yesterday i was poling away and of course watching nicely where the brush was heading and not noticing the sudden six inch drop in the york stoned flagged area underfoot....i was lucky that time....last time it was only a two inch drop and that hurt...:whistle:

life is dangerous fullstop with me around thats why i am happiest in my chair when the only worry is if the remote or the beer is out or reach and the wife is out of the room...

i am er....just a little bit worried about some pruning of a ladies bush i carried out today....

okay i reversed onto her drive smack into a bush and a four foot piece fell off ....serves her right she hasnt paid me my £9 yet...i blame the bloody kids..

Scottie ladders are fine for me as long as i .sensible

We all have different opinions what is good and what is not

I like trad some like wfp

The main thing is get out there working with your ladders and if you want to change when you have a good customer base then change

Then you will have to decide trolley/trailer/ van

You may find you are happy tradding

As to number of houses after a few weeks there is no reason you can't do 15 average 3 beds in a day

So around 150 quid a day

You won't earn anything unless you are out there

Not being horrible mate but tou have to go for it

and just to be awkward....the last two days...i have wfp....of a ladder..../emoticons/biggrin.png

i do as many houses in a day as i can do until i feel its time to go home....usually not long after the wifey goes to work at three.....he he he.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Cheers guys, needed that! I was listening to too much WFP poeople online elsewhere, get the ashbys or van mount dont do traditional its **** not as clean etc. Bullshi£!

Great, feel a lot more focused now, I have been worried a little as I have a good business plan but custys not coming in and I flyering missing alot of houses due to the windows in the roofs and windows above garages and awkward places, I was like I will not be able to reach them and I am not doing a falling act like our windy years back off the side of the conny into next doors. But as many of you said, you say I will leave it or trad it and explain it may not be as good as the others, but thats fair if it is hard to get to, then what do they expect.

Do any of you guys actually leave windows out as one house i have has a kitchen that comes out sloping roof and its real hard to be trad poling it, I will of course, do my best, but will have to explain. I no way walking on a sloping roof, its madness insurance melt down lol

REALLY REALLY appriciate your advice, its the best and I am going to take it! Tolish,Daveyboy1, cnc,borcity and smurf, your stars, thanks agian for the prep talk!

On it all day tomorrow flyering, get these flyers out. even on the awkward houses now.

CNC- you make me laugh /emoticons/smile.png

P.S. Daveyboy1 - you reckon I could do 15 in a day when got the experience? WOW! I just can not wait until I have a proper round and am busy, on the road tomorrow:)

15 is about what i would do but would be easy

Each job is different though

Used to do 20-25 a day when i was subbing

For me it's just a question of doing a risk assessment and using the most appropriate method/tools for the task.

I'm not saying one method is better than another as it's just down to personal choice how you go about the job in had so to speak.

Always best to have a few different options

But have to start somewhere

Choose a method get comfortable with it then build on you knowledge of methods

On a good day, you can do an average size house Trad every 20mins to 30mins. So, 15ish a day... But, this can't be done everyday through my experience. Things ground us all including the weather!!!

i could do that if the bloody custys were out of the way....and gates open and junk not scattered everywhere....i sometimes think custys set a minefield to slow windys down..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Depends what window cleaning methods you use and also the following:

is it a one-off/first clean - generally takes much longer to do

is it a builders clean - can take even longer to do than a first/one off clean

type of windows & size - some take a lot longer than others

frequency of clean & location - effects how dirty they get

type & size of property - some are quicker to do than others

type of access - bad access on backs will take longer to get to than easy access.

how close the jobs are to each other

weather conditions - will have an impact on working.

There are so many variables to take into consideration on the amount of properties you can do in a day it is hard to say.

Back